Difficulty socializing feral kittens

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 around 10-11 week old feral kittens I've been trying to socialize for the last 3 weeks (I got them around 7-8 weeks). I'm making progress, but its incredibly slow and I'm pressed for time because I need to get these guys adoption ready. I socialized 4 feral kittens about 6 months ago and they came around very quickly. So far, 3 weeks in, I can touch one, but the others are still hissing and swatting at me. They'll eat out of my hand, play with the laser toy/other toys with me, eat when I'm in the room, but they just wont let me touch them. I'm starting to worry that they might just not come around. 
Truthfully I can only spend about an hour a day with them because I have several other animals, including 7 other cats. 

Has anyone had a similar experience with a happy ending? What else can i do to get these guys to come around? I haven't had them tested for disease yet so they're isolated in a separate room from my other animals. However, they're getting tested/spayed & neutered/vaccinated on Friday. 

recomper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Have you seen this series of videos?  It starts with the rescue of feral kittens and then goes through the socialization process.  Gerber stage 2 chicken/turkey baby food ( in the small glass jar with blue label) is your friend!

http://www.urbancatleague.org/TamingVideo
LOL. I was exactly going to put a youtube link for PART 3 on the baby food right when you just posted this. LOL

I'm no expert, but it seemed like a good advice on using baby food.

Last edited: