difficulty cutting my kitten's nails

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so I have tried everything that has been said on this site with cutting my older kitten's nails.  My two younger foster's are really good about it but with Shadow, it is like a fight. I am almost thinking of having a professional do his from now on and I just do the girl's myself.  Now let me explain.  He will be 9 months on the second of June and he is already a really huge cat.  At 7 months he weighed 10.5 pounds!  His feet are huge!  I have tried wrapping him in a blanket, he is so strong that he gets out.  He hisses, scratches, and sometimes bites me.  Today just made me mad.  He gave me such a big scratch that not only did it bleed badly, but it is already starting to bruise!  I am open to any other suggestions for at home nail clipping for him or if going to a professional will be better.  I have enclosed pictures of him so everyone knows how big and powerful he is.  I am open to any suggestions at this point!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a big handsome boy! 

I am for using a professional to take care of nail clipping. 

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my he is gorgeous!!  And he does look huge!

I think using a professional might be worth the sanity it saves you.  As well as saving you from bodily injury!  Perhaps over time you would be able to take over the duty of it again too.  Does he travel well that you know of?

andream

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I put a youtube video of a vet clipping a cat called TC's nails on, with a big pile of webbox treats & mine doesn't even notice.