Diet food for the fat cat!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Authority from Petsmart is a good food, very affordable - about $65/ 6oz can. The quality is pretty good...

Sharky - Fatman has an UTI now, should he be away from fish, and have some grain in his diet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im keeping TOTW for their dry because now Hercules wont eat any wet food. I did the flavor he gobbled up last night and he wont touch it now. He just pushed his plate over to Fatman, I dont know if he is being a concerned brother and trying to help Fatman or if he is just being his weirdo self. Herc did go into his bedroom and chow down on his bowl of TOTW (hes the only one who doesnt like it mixed with Purina Indoor he gets just TOTW alone) I did remeasure food out again today and am still doing 1/3 cup for them all and they didnt eat it all last night but I could tell they did eat some of their dry food. Fatman ate the equivalent of 3/4 of a can of wet food this morning because of Hercules giving him his food.
Im staying away from any fish flavored stuff for them. I do know that the tractor supply store I buy their food from carries UTI specific wet foods under the Friskies label. I remember seeing them and wondering if I should get some as a preventative for my boys. Should I just play it safe right now and keep them on the same brand that they are eating now till I get the all clear from the vet that Fatmans UTI is gone? Are there any other brands that are UTI friendly? They tractor store also carries Blue Buffalo holistic foods in dry and wet. I also have a PetSmart and Super Pets store in my area plus 2 pet stores (I try to stay away from them because their prices are outrageous) and Super Pets is owned by Weis Markets (a grocery store chain).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
friskies, nutros max , purina one and pro plan have uti formulas....

Carolina thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ill have to look into the Purinas and Friskies urinary ones..I wont use the Nutro at all because of what is going on with Franklin plus what I read last night about their food...it gives me the heebie jeebies...Im also starting to wonder if I should get cat attract litter to get Fatman using the box again, he peed all over BFs clothes this morning but it looked like he was just sitting down till he got up and there was pee everywhere...Oh my poor pork chop what am I going to do with his royal highness.