Diet and Feline Diabetes

PRIOR to being diagnosed with Diabetes, your cat's diet was (for most of its life)

• Dry/Kibbles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dry with wet as an occasional treat

• 75% Dry / 25% Wet

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 50% Dry / 50% Wet

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 25% Dry 75% Wet

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 100% Wet

• Raw

• Balanced Home Made

• Table Scraps

• Other - Please Explain

• My cat WAS Obese

• My cat Was NOT Obese

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will meet Bugsy..... He is a large breed..... Male Ragdoll - the boy is a giant.,... But yeah.... he IS also fat....
I didn't have many options before.... I had to feed what I could to make him 1/2 healthy, anything else made him terribly sick :(
Now, thank GOODNESS for raw :clap::clap::clap: I can have him healthy AND lean! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
I hate His begging face though - poor kiddo - breaks my heart! :lol3:
Thank you :hugs:
Hmm, I never knew Ragdolls were such a large breed!
Begging faces are hard. Don't worry though, I don't give in. :p

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I never knew Ragdolls were such a large breed!
Begging faces are hard. Don't worry though, I don't give in. :p
Now you know :) Big and cute, isn't he? And yes - I AM counting on you to NOT give in to his sad and harming faces!! :lol3:

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats have been diabetic but I went ahead and participated in this poll because I was largely responsible for taking care of a friend's cat that was diabetic.  My friend was very sick himself but lived in the same building as I did at the time and I sort of helped take care of them both. Boxer was his cat's name.  He was 11 when diagnosed and at the perfect weight.  Boxer would not touch kibble so was on an all wet diet.  Boxer was not at all obese and refused all cat treats but every now and then would steal popped corn and eat a piece of it.   His veterinarian could find no real reason for the diabetic onset except genetics in Boxer's case. 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What style of wet was Boxer eating(shreds cuts....)?  Would be curious if you remember the name if you could see the carb count on it.  The chunks tend to run high carb(dont remember much as it has been almost 2 years that I looked and my guy is happy to eat 2 flavors or friskies).