Diet and care for emaciated stray Queen. Suggestions please (pics)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad everything is ok!  She's looking so much better.  She seems to have put some weight back on.  She's such a beautiful cat.  I wish I could adopt her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!.

I wanted to give you all an update on the kitty and her kittens since it has been a while. 

They all ended up finding homes! 

The kittens were put in the humane society's foster program when they reached 8 weeks old. (this was abut 2 months ago)

According to the Foster Program Coordinator who helped me out with the kitties, they have all been adopted and gone to good homes.

Did I mention they were ALL females!! 

As for the mom. After much debating whether to keep her or find her a home, I concluded that since she was the prettiest rescue I had ever helped, that she would probably find a home quicker than any of the other rescues I have and the fact that I had 2 other cats outside (one with health issues and FIV+) that I wanted to help too, but i had no more space inside other than my bathroom, was also a factor in deciding it was best to find her a good home.

The very first week I posted her she received a ton of interest and among several candidates we ended up deciding on a retired lady who lived by herself and wanted a companion.

The lady lost a 15yrs old dog to cancer recently and she was ready to have another lifelong companion. 

She came to meet her here first and then after falling in love with her, I brought the kitty to her in order to check out the place and make sure she was on the up and up.

The kitty now has a whole apartment to herself with a great beach view with no other animals to bother her and all the love she can get. 

It was just perfect.......bittersweet (tears and all), but I know I can't keep them all and she is helping a lady fill the gap her passing dog left. 

As for me., I ended up bringing the 2 males inside my condo.

Now I have 3 males that I have to keep separate at all times (Alpha cats) and one female.

Crazy living situation, but I am trying to find them homes too although It has proved to be VERY difficult to place adult cats. Especially a black kitty. :(

So, I still have my hands full of rescues, crates, cat food, bowls, cat toys, scratchers, etc. I feel like a gypsy sometimes lol.

I call myself, the slave, but I know it is all worth it in the end. :)

Check out these pictures!!!

And thanks to all of you who helped me get through this chapter of raising a kitty family from beginning to happy end.!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a wonderful update. Well done!

Have you thought of applying for our Friends of Ferals badge? You certainly deserve one.

[thread="251561"]Friend Of Ferals Award Badge Apply Here​[/thread]