Did you lurk for a while?

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I jumped right in, I was freaking out b/c Ginger lost her voice so I needed to get some advice, but a few days after I joined she "miraculously" started speaking again
Bottom line, I am sooo glad I joined, it's hard to find other crazy cat people like me

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined because I was looking for answers and support when Alley was sick. She crossed the bridge just a few days later, and at that point I was too upset to speak to anyone so I lurked for a month or two really before I started posting much.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I jumped right in! The reason I looked for a cat forum was to relieve my boredom at work so the only way to do that was get involved!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lurked for a while. Seemed like forever because I had just started a new job (that I still have
) and didn't have a lot to do yet, so I spent a lot of time on the internet. I realized how nice everyone was (and is) and am now totally spoiled to most internet forums since this was my first.

This really is an amazing group of people here, and I didn't even realize how rare this was until I tried joining a few other places. I have yet to find a place more accepting and knowledgeable and fun!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lurked for awhile, then joined when I figured I'd like it here. But I do that with any forum I belong to (which isn't many). Some days I'm not feeling well and don't feel like posting, so I'll just lurk then.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I jumped right in because I was worried about Elsa being overdue with kittens. Then, I lurked for a while because I was worried that I would get lectures about having an unspayed cat. (Didn't really happen.
) And you haven't been able to get rid of me yet. I've never really ever joined another forum. I tried to find one for arthritis, but none have the feeling that we have here!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I jumped right in, I think
We had just brought Harley home and I had a load of questions. Then I decided to stay around

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i jumped right in, but i lurk alot during the week cause im always rushing around getting ready for work and usually too tired to get online when i come home, sunday is my fave day for waking up and doing some posting

oh, and the way i stumbled upon this site was when i came home with my himmie and was looking online for info, then i found this site and thought how wonderful it is!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I jumped right in to ask about hyperthyroidism for Tigger, and then ended up staying

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found it on a google search for FeLV, saw that there were intelligent people who would actually answer your health questions and give you support, then jumped right in. I'm too verbose to lurk.

It may seem like I'm lurking sometimes, but actually, my DH is addicted to the arcade and spends hours and hours there.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I found it on a google search for FeLV, saw that there were intelligent people who would actually answer your health questions and give you support, then jumped right in. I'm too verbose to lurk.

It may seem like I'm lurking sometimes, but actually, my DH is addicted to the arcade and spends hours and hours there.
Suuuure...when in doubt, blame it on your DH!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I lurked momentarily, then signed up.

I swear I signed up in 2003 when Easy had her kittens, but I could never find my name again and have looked and looked. And even looked for threads with my cats names, but no luck.
Pam, I wonder if that info was lost in the big crash a few years ago?

I joined and lurked and I still lurk.