"Did you hear a gunshot?"

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

And you'd probably have plenty of volunteers!
Same here- I'd join the posse!!
That POOR dog and the POOR owner's family!!

If I was that SICK MAN's wife, I would have given him H*** THEN divorced him for doing that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

That's sick. I actually reread that post and I wasn't clear...Norris Cole looks like he has 3 kids according to a photo on his site. What kind of an example is he setting for his own children? I wonder what the wife thinks about all this? This is just devestating.
I understood what you meant. Yes, that man has three kids. My family all talked about that, just what great example of a dad/man this guy is to his kids. Someone asks the kids.. what does your dad do for a living? Oh, he runs a wedding reception/dog murdering business. On show and tell day, this is the body bag my dad uses to carry away the bodies of dogs who bark in the neighborhood.

I heard the wife is standing by him, totally supporting him. I can't imagine that. If I found out my husband/wife/whatever did something like that, all respect would be gone. I do appreciate the commitment to marriage and to making it work, better or worse, but I don't I could ever respect him again. Or fully trust him. Is this the kind of man you would leave your kids with.. ever?

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MaratWC

I understood what you meant. Yes, that man has three kids. My family all talked about that, just what great example of a dad/man this guy is to his kids. Someone asks the kids.. what does your dad do for a living? Oh, he runs a wedding reception/dog murdering business. On show and tell day, this is the body bag my dad uses to carry away the bodies of dogs who bark in the neighborhood.

I heard the wife is standing by him, totally supporting him. I can't imagine that. If I found out my husband/wife/whatever did something like that, all respect would be gone. I do appreciate the commitment to marriage and to making it work, better or worse, but I don't I could ever respect him again. Or fully trust him. Is this the kind of man you would leave your kids with.. ever?
Oh gosh...he probably abuses them too.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that even owning a working silencer was a felony all on it's own.

Discharging firearms in all the cities I've ever lived in was also a crime.

Looks to me that he has more charges to face than just the obvious trespassing/animal cruelty charges.

What a class A jerk.
Well, much worse, but very unprintable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boys mum

was just about to read it when there was a massive pop up,so didint get to finish it.
Here is the story from the link.

Police investigate Pflugerville dog shooting

12:14 PM CDT on Thursday, July 28, 2005

Homeowners in one Pflugerville neighborhood are outraged after a nearby homeowner allegedly shot and killed a neighborhood dog while it sat inside its backyard.

Investigators say the dog was shot once in the neck with a .22 caliber pistol, and now the dog's owner says she wants justice.

When Melissa Ortiz arrived home on July 15, the first thing she did was check on her 5-year-old dog, Orion, chained in the back yard.

"As I opened the back blinds to my door, I was face to face with a man that yelled at me to get out of my house," she said.

Ortiz says Norris Cole proceeded to tell her a story of how he chased a robber into her backyard. After she called police, she says the truth came out.

"Found out that it was him that shot my dog after finding the gun on him," Ortiz said.

Investigators say it was a .22 caliber pistol.

Cole had apparently placed the border collie-lab mix in trash bags and had already carried him out to his truck when the story unfolded.

"I was very upset," Ortiz said. "I really miss him a lot. It's not the same without him."

After questioning, deputies say Cole said that he was tired of the dog constantly barking.

Just on the other side of Ortiz's fence is the Plantation House, an upscale home rented out year round to host private weddings.

It's also the home of Cole, who valued peace and quiet for his family's business.

Cole's attorney, Jamie Balagia, issued a statement saying "Norris Cole deeply regrets the mistake he made. The action taken is not who he is. He is cooperating with law enforcement and is getting the counseling that is needed."

Many neighbors who live on the Pflugerville street say they are frightened.

"We don't come out here anymore because we don't feel safe. It's bad," Ortiz said. "If we go outside we go in the front yard."

Cole faces one count of animal cruelty, a state jail felony, and criminal trespassing.

His attorney says he's received dozens of e-mails and phone calls threatening his family.

Norris Cole faces one count of animal cruelty, a state jail felony, and criminal trespassing.
He hopes those come to an end.

Meanwhile, ATF investigators said Cole had some sort of silencer or flash suppressor on the gun, which could be illegal.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh that poor dog,i know dogs can be a pain with their barking but to shoot it,hope he gets banged up serves him right.