Did you have a good Easter Day?

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so. My sister and me went to the 11:00 am Church service then out to lunch with a friend. Bear with me a moment, last Sunday my Mom (88 years old) fell, got up and fell again and was NOT able to get up so she sp-ent four days in the hospital and is now in a Nursing Home for a week or two to work on her walking, so we spent a couple of hours with her today, then went to my sisters and watched some of a Women's Golf Tournament. I gave Mom some Sugar Free Jellybeans and my sister a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, Mom gave me her roll and cupcake from lunch and my sister gave me a pack of Teabury Gum and a big package of Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds. What was your all's day like?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had dinner at our daughters house. It was about 70 degrees and sunny. We sat on the dock by the pond, the men sat around the fire pit. Too warm to have a bonfire tho.

Just enjoyed the time with them and her in laws and the grandkids.

I really like Easter...no pressure just good time and good food!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We all had a lovely day. My niece and niece-to-be came in on Sunday morning to help me cook....we had such a good time cooking and laughing.

My 12-layer cake turned into a 10-layer cake because I broke 2 of the layers. But with the vanilla layers, the chocolate frosting in between and then the whipped peanut butter frosting on top, it is decadently delicious! It was a lot of work, though, and I said that I didn't think I'd bother with it again. Much to the dismay of my family, who just loved the thing.....so yeah, I'll have to make another one. (This time with chocolate layers, chocolate frosting, and then chocolate frosting for the top and sides; we are all true chocoholics in my family.
Even the guys.)

My sister gave me a beautiful japonica (sp?) for Easter....she said that since she hated to cook and the girls and I cooked the dinner, she wanted to give me something. We'll plant it in the garden tonight. It's just gorgeous.

And my niece-to-be asked me if I'd consider cooking for her bridal shower! She and her mom and her matron of honor were talking about the shower (to be held the end of May). In order to cut down on expenses, she told them that she wanted to do the cooking as she loves to cook. She asked both my niece and me to help. So my niece and I will be driving to her house the night before the shower to do the cooking and baking. And yes, we're all looking forward to that night as much as we are to the shower! (My sister will be bringing the wine.
)

Miss Mollipop was the hit of the day. I had put her back in the computer room because, with ten people, I was worried about her. But the girls brought her back out and she had such a good time with everybody. She loves to give bellywaves and I have some pictures of her showing that pretty belly of hers. She got a lot of attention....and that girl already loves attention. She had a good time with everybody.

We had so much fun yesterday!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a really FUN day. My aunt and uncle who live next door invited us over for some Rockband.
We had numerous alcoholic beverages and rocked out!
Then we played some Trivial Pursuit and just relaxed, it's was a great day!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had sunrise service followed by breakfast at church. Then our regular Sunday School and Church services. We had lots of special singing during church and the kids did some things in a little skit. We came home and rested awhile. Later we drove back into town and ate supper at Outback's. It was a wonderful peaceful day to celebrate Jesus.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a nice day, had lunch with my DH's mom and step-dad, and then went to Menards and a few other stores and just looked and figured out what I want to plant for a garden and what not and then I got my seed starters going for a few things.

It was a nice day.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We actually had an Easter week-end. Friday afternoon we went down to Lincoln City to the beach house where we were joined by our DD and DIL and grandson Brighton. N brought a lovely tortilla soup for Friday night. I got up with Brighton Sat morning and let the girls sleep in, he & I had a wonderful time playing. I made a big breakfast and the girls took Pickle (their dog) to the beach. Then we went to the outlet mall and I got lots of stuff for Brighton. I get a 30% discount at Columbia Sportswear (my BFF's daughter is the manager) so we did a sweep there.
On to The Children's Place where Grammy found some cute stuff for Brighton. Then our biggest conquest was at Old Navy, where EVERYTHING was 40% off. Mr B is way decked out for the summer!!!
Then we were going to go to Mo's for the famous clam chowder, but it was super crowded and Bright was starting to get fussy. So we got our chowder and cheesy garlic toast to go. Went back to the cabin and enjoyed Bright's company all evening. I could not get enough of him. I thought my heart would explode whenever he caught sight of me and he would break into a huge grin! His giggles are music to me! He just learned to turn over also, from his back to his front but not the other way yet. Oh, yeah, I let Grandpa hold him occcasionally.

On Sunday we went to Pig N' Pancake before we had to head for home. It was an awesome weekend. I love my lil' B soooooooooooo much!!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of partying, it was a long and fun weekend.
A friend had his 30th birthday and it was also a smallish 'farewell party' because he will be gone for a month.
Nothing easter-related was done though, if eating tons of chocolate eggs doesn't count.