Did You Ever Notice

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How much curtains and drapes shield you from noise?

I took down the bathroom curtains and the shower curtains and liner to wash and dry yesterday. Walking into the bathroom, all sounds seemed "hollow". I cleaned the bathroom and washed the woodwork and the floor and the whole time, it seemed very noisy. Rick said the same thing; he doesn't really notice it because he's usually not home when I clean curtains and drapes and such. So when he went into the bathroom yesterday, he noticed it right away.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does make a big difference. Its especially noticeable when we've moved. One place I lived had all parquet floors so it was kindof noisy even full of furniture. But it was really noisy the last night we were there cleaning the empty place up!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My house always seems a bit like that to other people. I think it is because there is no carpet anywhere.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yes. At work we have a cafeteria that has no curtains or rugs and sound bounces and makes it very hard to hear. I prefer carpets for this reason. Hard enough being hard of hearing then to go in a room where everything echoes. and gives me a headache.