Did you ever go someplace

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

aw, poor you!
i know how you feel we are the uh, black sheep in our family. or so i think. they all have nice houses and expensive clothes, but we're just average. oh well. i've learned to deal with it i guess.

glad people are freindlier now!
Black sheep! That's the word I was looking for. I'm definately the black sheep of my family too. The only engineer in my entire bloodline. Everyone rips on me for being different, and consequently I don't get along with anyone in my family (immediate or extended). I think part of it is jealousy too.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im sorry, I know what u mean though I always try to say something and get ignored and half of the time its here at my house, but if i go somewhere else we start a discussion and i will say somehting people will sometimes cut me off or completely ignore me ! Ecspecially at family things (my one grandma used to get mad at me cause i dyed my hair and i had piercings ) It just really sucks sometimes !!! But hey if they dont wanna listen to u then o well they probably werent worth the time and people are stuck up and think that they are better and things like that, its people like that that just get under my skin !!!! I guess I learned to deal with feeling how u were feeling !!! But also I am very outgoing and try to make nice conversations with people at functions and those people that ignore or cut u off are usually jelous and such imo, but I also make sure that my opinion is out there too

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed this growing up, and never had the sense of it again until the last year. My peers at work (managers in the IT field) are all in the 40's-50's age range, and there is one woman who just hates me. I was in a meeting the other day and she went around the room introducing everyone and simply skipped me. Didn't even acknowledge that I was in the room. My first thought? How childish, but I'm not going to lower myself to her standards.

I think as adults we just need to get over it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I think as adults we just need to get over it.
I agree! Somedays I just want to ask people "I know you got your High school diploma, but did you ever MENTALLY graduate high school?"

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I haven't felt this for a long time, probably since high school. There were those moments occassionally in college, but, I've always been independent enough to not really worry to much about the opinions of others. In fact, every one else's opinions about me is probably none of my business.