Did you ever feel that you were blessed by getting your cat?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have always felt slightly in awe of my cats. the fact that they can be such aloof creatures and yet they trust you enough to show you the vulnerable side of their personality.

i have been honoured to share my life with muffy, tula, fluffy, maisie, thomas, daisy, sinbad, janet and now tabitha, milo and shinobi.

i think it is true unconditional love. (possibly more from our side than theirs though!
)

olivia's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adore my girl, Olivia. She chose me when I went to the shelter to drop off some food and blankets. I wasn't intending to bring home a cat that day, but she totally suckered me into taking her home and she has made me laugh ever since. She has found a new playmate in my corgi, Toby. The best part of all is that she has won over my non cat loving DH and she can often be found sitting in his lap and purring away.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took my wife down to the local shelter not too long after our old cat Wickett died of cancer, thinking we needed some feline company. She looked at the cats, and Punkin reached through the bars to get her.

He's the nicest cat we've ever had. Calm, gentle, playful, and friendly in his own aloof way. He rode with us in the truck for over 400,000 miles, and he and Sterling keep Dottie company when I'm gone.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not when they're driving DH and I out of our minds at 3am because they think they need food.

I actually think the cats are the truly lucky ones. I wouldn't suffer without them but without DH and I, my boys likely wouldn't be alive. Sho came to us very sick and Tomas was a 10 week old outside with no one to care for him a day or so before a winter storm hit.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely!
How could I not, when I have Oliver, who has an instinct for seeking out anyone who's in pain and comforting them, and Rocky, who is as devoted to me as any dog could ever be?