Did You Buy Anything For Yourself?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought, er Ruby bought me, the complete series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. I, rather Ruby, found it for me on Amazon during the Black Friday sales. She's such a good bargain hunter. For a cat. LOL.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom I bet that purse was a Coach. ;) I did shop and I bought myself the Shark Ion Robot Vacuum. I am in love with it. JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia What kind of phone did you buy and do you like it? I am coming to the end of a prepaid tracfone that I have been using for nine years and I am looking to replace it.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I am a cancer survivor I shop at our local DISCOVERY SHOP, they sell gently used clothing and all $$ raised goes toward the CANCER SOCIETY. I went shopping and got BRAND NEW Tom's shoes, 3 Coldwater Creek sweaters, a Chico's blouse and brand new blue jeans for $25!!! And a pair of BOB'S shoes with kittys wearing sunglasses for $20 brand new too on the internet. Love getting a great deal and folks think I spent a fortune on my clothes :)

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And I am not wearing the same things that everyone else is for pennies on the dollar! Love bargin hunting. Do not shop at THE MALL and have not done so in years. Thrift stores are great for pet blankets and toys too!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946
~ I bought two ! LG Treasure on the Net10 unlimited prepaid service.
[ $59. ] I also bought the LG Rebel 2 on Tracfone service for a back-up. [$39. ] These phones are like a mini tablet . Amazing ...
Here is a link to a nice LG Tracfone with HD screen - better camera and memory. I believe it's now only $49.
Send me a message if you have questions :hellocomputer:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom I bet that purse was a Coach. ;)
It was. :lol: I had bought one for my mother for Christmas, but ended up returning it so bought a white one for myself on clearance and one for my niece for Christmas, also on clearance.

IMG_7798.JPG

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure whether this qualifies as having bought something for myself or for Mowgli, but I got a baby scale to better monitor his weight.
Did you have trouble finding a baby scale? We did. We even went to Babies R Us. The young clerk didn't even know what we were talking about. Most places didn't. We ended up ordering one off the internet. Then it played music when we put the cat on it and scared her to death. Woe finally found out how to turn it off.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might get myself a new Ipod touch after Christmas. The one I have is getting pretty old....It has trouble surfing the net and some of the newer apps make it run out of memory.
Totally love my iPod Touch 5 I think it is. Some three to four years and it's still going strong. I use it for nothing else but music on the go or while I sleep. I hope you find it under the tree. :-) We won't tell if you wrap it up and put it there yourself :sunshine:

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you have trouble finding a baby scale? We did. We even went to Babies R Us. The young clerk didn't even know what we were talking about. Most places didn't. We ended up ordering one off the internet. Then it played music when we put the cat on it and scared her to death. Woe finally found out how to turn it off.
May I ask which scale you decided upon? Would love to know how you and your cat(s) like it. Its such a pain holding a cat, and looking down at your feet to see the numbers, as they're steadily squirming. One literally fights to get free of my arms after 10 seconds. Wish I could find one to hide beneath their window perch that sends the digits to a phone app.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
May I ask which scale you decided upon? Would love to know how you and your cat(s) like it. Its such a pain holding a cat, and looking down at your feet to see the numbers, as they're steadily squirming. One literally fights to get free of my arms after 10 seconds. Wish I could find one to hide beneath their window perch that sends the digits to a phone app.
I'll have to look. The good p[art of a baby scale is that you set the cat on the scale and block them from jumping off with your arms until you get a reading. You can also put a couple of treats on the scale and get a reading while they nibble. Another way is to set a dish of food on the scale and then tare it out or just subtract the weight of the food from the total. I have the memory of a baby gnat, so keep reminding me to find the information for you. You might even PM me.

The scale was very helpful when Habanero started declining. We were able to keep a good eye on her weight.

Trinanny93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll have to look. The good p[art of a baby scale is that you set the cat on the scale and block them from jumping off with your arms until you get a reading. You can also put a couple of treats on the scale and get a reading while they nibble. Another way is to set a dish of food on the scale and then tare it out or just subtract the weight of the food from the total. I have the memory of a baby gnat, so keep reminding me to find the information for you. You might even PM me.

The scale was very helpful when Habanero started declining. We were able to keep a good eye on her weight.
Scooter likes my fitbit scale, which I can check online after he's sat on it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I looked at a baby store and a department store, but what they had was too expensive. We have two scales at the shelter - one is top of the line, while the other was cheap. We get the same results from both. The expensive one plays a tune, so we have to be careful not to scare some poor cat out of her wits.

I bought a Smart Weigh scale from Amazon. It doesn't have a "hold" function, so unless Mowgli stays still the reading fluctuates (a couple of grams above, a couple of grams below his weight), but not so much that you can't get a pretty accurate weight. I wouldn't want it for extremely young kittens where every gram counts (we use kitchen scales for them), but it's fine for older ones and adults.

I just ordered two heavyweight fleece tops at 1/2 price for myself. After-Christmas sales are the way to go!

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Totally love my iPod Touch 5 I think it is. Some three to four years and it's still going strong. I use it for nothing else but music on the go or while I sleep. I hope you find it under the tree. :-) We won't tell if you wrap it up and put it there yourself :sunshine:
Oh yes. They work great for that. After I bought my current one I couldn't believe I had ever lived without one.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Bought a microfleece blanket for both myself and honeybee. King sized one at Jcpenney's. They were having a sale. She only likes these kind of blankets and if it's near or on me when she comes up in the middle of night she happily kneads away on it for 15 minutes or longer...:petcat:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I just bought myself two presents: a wristlet wallet to replace the regualr falling apart wallet I have and a door latch so I can keep the laundry closet door open enough so the washer door and be left open so the washer inside can dry but the cats can't get in to chew on cords.