Did they google me?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But what if they got a different person with the same name? seems a bit pointless and innacurate to me. though i dont doubt they did it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

But what if they got a different person with the same name? seems a bit pointless and innacurate to me. though i dont doubt they did it.
Good point, it'sinteresting, I live in a fairly large town, not huge but a big place and there are two people with my full name. So yeah it could be either of us.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Each day the internet becomes more and more apart of everyones lives...i couldnt imagine life without it!! But it is scary, and to think that by the time i have kids what it will be like!....and thats only 3 or 4 yrs away! lol

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

Good point.

Nothings private these days is it.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh that is creepy

Heh.. if I had a blog and a college I applied to looked at it... well they would probably burn my application and throw holy water on it just because I can be really really strange at times

If you know where to look you can find out where people live and all about them... its scary.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that the internet makes the world a bit scary, and there are lots of ways that our privacy is invaded all the time. But really, I don't include someone reading your blog in this big "invasion of privacy" thing. It's posted on the internet! What measures have you taken to ensure your privacy? The whole premise of the web is that anyone can find your information out there.

I see situations all the time, where people blog, and then get upset or in trouble by something they wrote. You must assume that anyone and everyone can read it. That's the point of putting it on the web. If you want privacy, then use a medium that is not public.

This is not the same as someone working with confidential records, like in a hospital or in a bank. Those are private, because access to them is strictly controlled.

It's just a big warning sign to anyone who writes a blog, you have to assume, all the time, that strangers are going to be reading it. And possibly acquaintenances, and employers, so don't write stuff you don't want them to read.

violetlene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have heard stories of ppl who had blogs,then wrote stuff about their job or co-workers, then their job found out and they got in trouble.
I am too paranoid to have a blog,and even if I did, I'd be totally anonymous.