Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck silver! It's your turn now! Susie had 5 yesterday x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turns out Silver is in labor since 11am....she was in the hospital all day yesterday...ill explain later...she had a blonde one and a black one...she is doing great but I cannot leave her side or she goes out and finds me...this cat is amazing...she came to get me so I could be with her....ill update later.

I have a question should I put the heating pad under them now?

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Silver had 5 adorable kittens..3 blondes that were breech and 2 black torties head first.
She managed great..only needed me with the first one. First one one at 11:22 am and every 15 min she all the others.

She did not want me to leave her side for 1 min so it was an amazing experience.
I want to thank you all for your support.

Im trying to post videos but I cant. So here are some pics.

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to thank all the ladies that helped me through this pregnancy with Silver..and answer every crazy question I had..and to those that just had their kitties and the ones that are almost there..good luck with your babies and love them bunches and pls dont forget to spay your girls as soon as they are ready and able to go.
Yes now we found good homes for their babies but what about next time?
The economy is bad..at least for me it is and for alot of others...I cant afford to have anymore pets and the last thing I would do is take any of my pets to the pound. There are so many strays and lost cats and dogs on the streets..poor things all they wanted was to be loved and have a warm home.
But their are so many selfish people out there.

I rather fix that right now and enjoy my cat happy and healthy.
I hope you do the same;)

Ciao

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So did Silver just have the 5 babies then? The vet had said 6 didn't they? Mind you with all that jumble of bodies on the X-ray it would be hard to know for sure

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww how cute Sarah!
Yes it was 5 ;) 1 week today..im taking them to the vet tomorrow one of the little boys has junk on his eye and one of the girls has a little water in her nose and sneezing, so im just gonna get them all checked out.

Its crazy how these babies are getting so attached to me..when I lay on the floor next to them I guess tgey smell me and tgey start meowing and come crawling to where im at..its crazy. .my dad didnt believe me till I showed him..lol its amazing but i have been there with them since the sec they were born. .the boys were all breech so I had to help get their big heads out..the girls were head first. So its goibg to be hard for me when its time to send them to their forever homes.

I did register to be a foster mom to feed babies that have no moms when I found that when babies come in to the shelters they feed them once and by the 2nd feeting if they still havent found a foster mom to feed them they uthenize them; (...broke my heart when this lady at Humane Society told me.
So as soon as my kitties are stronger im going to start fostering babies.:heart3:

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that little one is gorgeous, my eldest is so jealous he really wanted a ginger one lol. Hope they all get on ok at the vet and its nothing serious.
That's so sad about the kittens being euthanised so quickly :-( I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen here in the UK but I'm also considering volunteering to foster either pregnant cats till babies are weaned or orphan kittens too, just got to make sure I'm not tempted to keep any of them as I'm already keeping one of Daisy's kittens even though I didn't have any intention of having one cat let alone 2 lol

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes you do get attached pretty quick. Hope your babies are doing good mum2daisy.

So I have a problem ladies and I need your expertise.
you know that I have 5 babies three boys and two girls well I always notice that the two girls were the two runts of the bunch, so they are not as big as the boys because they overpower them and don't give them a chance to drink as much as they do. So the vet told me that I needed to bottle feed the two girls so they can catch up with her brothers, but they will not drink they will not get the bottle its not like I don't have experience feeding baby because I've done it before many times and my last two were silver and her brother but these little girls do not want the bottle at all. I was thinking to separate them from mom and bottle feed them until they get to their normal weight I feel bad doing that but I have no other choice, either watch them how they disintegrate because they're not getting enough milk from mom or separate them for a little while until they catch up. What do you guys think I should do?

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mum2daisy do your babies have their eyes open? I have 3 with eyes almost open all the way..and one that has them wide open...the light bothers him though...so he is more confy having them closed. Im trying to take a pic but he closes them because of the flash.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww they're all gorgeous, yes all of mine have their eyes open now, yesterday was when the last of them finally had both open fully, the first with an open eye (yes just the one lol) was on day 5 which I know is really early.

With the 2 smaller ones I'd probably not separate from mum as they'd be getting no natural protection against infections and such if they had no milk off mama at all, I'd say try with a dropper or small oral syringe and just drop tiny bits onto their tongue to start with, I've been supplementing 2 of mine as their weight gain was a little slower than the other 2 and this is what I do for them, also take the other 3 away (when you know they've had a good feed) for a little while (obviously keep them somewhere warm) and just let the little 2 have time with mum without the overpowering big brothers

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok yes iv done that but unfortunately Silver doesnt have alot of good tits.
Vet told me that the milk she sent me is like moms and the important milk that they needed from mom was the first 2 days wich was the colostrum or how ever u call it..lol..all I know the milk was super expensive. .im glad I got medical insurance for them. Their visit to the vet was $138.00 included was antibiotic eye drops..some meds for Silver and exam on babies.

Ill just see how it goes..I tried with droper and syringe. They are so fussy little pussy cats.