Did I do the right thing during the birth?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I still have to constantly be by the mom. How long do you reckon she will be this clingy?
I myself think you can and should see it as Animal Assisted Therapy, sort of.   After you gave your everything into this little one whose fate it wasnt to live, the aliving and healthy ones gives now to you their support, reminding you they are giving you love - and them need love. In short, the mom is doing her earnest to help you recharge your batteryies.

I know quite a few moms ARE clingy of their owner / caretaker.  But I also know for sure cats DO feel if their owner is sad and grieving, and very often they do their outmost to help their beloved owner / caretaker.  They do so with their cat friends, they do so for their humans they care about.

So these arent my quasi-religious speculations, its a biological fact.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

birlest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You know, I never thought of it like that and had no idea cats did that to each other. 

Even if if were your quasi-religious opinions (hehe), it certainly is a refreshing thought! 

She keeps meowing at me until I look at her and then she'll stop and go about her business. It's actually pretty funny! 

I wonder if she keeps growling because her vulva hurts? 

She keeps looking uncomfortable so maybe...? It makes me wonder if the third placenta actually came out or not. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I wonder if she keeps growling because her vulva hurts? 

She keeps looking uncomfortable so maybe...? It makes me wonder if the third placenta actually came out or not. 
It may be so.  Although being sore is more or less natural, cats seldom do visibly complain.   As you DO notice some uneasiness,   I would recommend contact with a vet. Even a visit in person with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

birlest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

It may be so.  Although being sore is more or less natural, cats seldom do visibly complain.   As you DO notice some uneasiness,   I would recommend contact with a vet. Even a visit in person with her.
Yeah, I plan on it. I need to work some off jobs to afford it first, though. :)

I hope it's nothing fatal in that case!