Did Frontline Hurt My Cat?

xxthirstywork

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a five month old kitten. She's very outgoing and friendly and affectionate, but I've noticed she had fleas. So I put frontline on her and my roommates cat. They both seemed fine and active, but she came to me after a bit and was squinting one eye and a bit lethargic. It made me nervous so I washed my hands and put a warm compress on her eye. Shortly after, she started moving very slowly and began to move low to the ground. She started giving a low, upset yowling meow and kept moving away from me. Squinting both eyes. She then dryheaved a little, and came over to sleep with me. Only after a little bit she woke up, meowed upsetly again, and left to lay across the room and sleep. What is this?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take her to the vet. It could be an allergic reaction. It's an unusual reaction, it usually presents as hair loss and itching at the application site. If it is an allergic reaction the vet can give her a steroid shot that will clear it up very quickly. One of my cats had a very similar reaction to a vaccination and the steroid shot cleared it up quickly.