Diarrhea Problem All Of A Sudden-- Caught On Camera Outside The Box!

profcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So for the past 2 months, maybe every 10 days or so, someone has been pooping in the WORST place possible. Our bed. The poops were a mix of soft and formed. We could never figure out who out of our 6 cats is doing it! So we got a wifi camera that connects to an app on my phone-- only $30 bucks! We wanted one anyway to see how things are when we're not home, so it was a great purchase.

We got a plastic tablecloth for the bed, and set up the camera. It took a few days, but just as I left the house today and got into the car, I clicked open the video app on my phone and saw one of our cats (Vera) pooping on the bed! I rushed into the house and cleaned it up. It was like chocolate pudding (yuck)!

Then, my partner was home from work for lunch and saw Vera leaving the kitchen. Sure enough, another soft poop on the rug. This time, grey/green colored! That's twice in one day! We're going to collected a sample and bring it to the vet.

She's acting fine and eating fine. No vomiting or lethargy. We're thinking a food allergy? (we mix up flavors, but have used the same brands forever) Or maybe a return of the giardia she had as a kitten?

Anyway-- highly recommend getting a wifi camera! It was one of the best decisions we've made as cat parents!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good for you for working this out!! poor baby..., poor you!
Let us know what the vet says, and I'm sending all sorts of good healing thoughts
:vibes::crossfingers: :redheartpump:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, with that many cats, if you can't be home and monitoring the litter box 24/7 to see who's doing what, that wifi cam sounds perfect. We are both retired and still sometimes I wish we had a "kitty cam" to see what our guys are doing during the night or when we go out. Usually I determine who is sick or not with just two, simply because I can separate them.

With the diarrhea that is happening about every 10 days, I'm suspecting it's one of the foods you are feeding. If you keep a log of what you feed when, you'll probably be able to figure it out. In the meantime, you might be able to help her by adding some pumpkin to her food, AND using FortiFlora as a topper. That's what our Vet advised us last time one of ours had an issue with diarrhea, and finally it worked, without having to add antibiotics to the mix. We did take him in for a checkup, though, to rule out anything else before we started the above regime.