Diarrhea on Dr. Lisa A. Pierson's raw diet recipe?

icyii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! I just recently switched my kitties from a raw diet made with Feline Instincts' pre-mix to Dr. Lisa A. Pierson's raw diet recipe (found here: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood#The_Recipe) becayse Feline Instincts was too expensive.

However a day after my kitties switched my husband found my domestic medium hair covered in diarrhea D: They haven't had diarrhea since they switched to a raw diet and now I feel so confused. Could it be the raw egg we added to the recipe? (Raw egg was optional, and Dr. Pierson recommended soft boiling them first. My husband just added them in raw.) My cat has had diarrhea when fed some raw egg. 

Has anyone had similar experiences with this recipe?

I would greatly appreciate responses! Thank you so much in advance.

(My husband gave kitty a bath and used dog shampoo (I know...I was at work and not there to tell him not to) and now he says kitty seems different. :( )

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if you know raw egg has caused your cat to have diarrhea in the past and you added raw egg to Dr P's recipe the egg would seem to be an obvious first suspect.

Many, many people use Dr P's recipe with success so if you are asking if a cat having diarrhea after starting it is a common problem I'd say no.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that the raw egg may be the problem.