Diarrhea....for 2 months

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll try that, I've got a little seringue (with all the meds they had to take, I was bound to have one!) Thank you so much!

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Lilycurly,

It looks like you have a lot of great suggestions here, but I wanted to add one more. It sounds like you've been taking your kitties to the same vet the whole time--what about trying for a second opinion? If possible, find a cats-only place, or if there are none accessible to you, call a few veterinary groups and ask if they have a doc who specializes in cats.

Good luck, I really hope this works out for you!

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I was thinking to do that sooner then later...But I was telling myself that, you know, the cats have got every medication possible, what more can be done? Plus, this is a veterinary "hospital", the one that's very popular where I live, the vets are awesome and very experimented. The only thing I've got against them is that they always run late in their consultations..

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even so, a second opinion is always valuable. The thought had crossed my mind that perhaps the kittens were picking something up from the vet's.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

I know this is going to sound funny, but when I got Pete home, he started having runny bowel movements. I WAS going to give him some kaopectate, but instead, I got some pectin. That's the stuff that is used to firm up fruits for jelly making. I only had to give him about four treatments in about a month and a half, and he was ok. I don't know if this might help out a little.
Please note- the new Kaopectate on the shelves these days are no longer safe to give cats. Highly toxic now is the new formula so please do not use this for a cure for anything. The new additive bismuth subsalicylate is the equivalent of giving your cat 130 mg of aspirin plus an added 230 mg of aspirin, according to sn Pfizer Animal Health Alert-

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH! I'll take that in note! So I guess giving plain Pectin (the one to make jams) is the safer option? I will still try the Activated Charcoal...it sounds weird, but they say it's a non-toxic option.