Diarrhea And Smelly Farts

michin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys we adopted 2 orange tabby brothers they are almost 2 years old
We took them to the vet because they were throwing up and diarrhea. That was like two months ago. Dr prescribe metrodimazole twice a day and Imodium and to continue them on science diet cd. They start improving they are eating well but still diarrhea. Took them again to the vet and now dr prescribed more antibiotics and more Imodium. Still diarrhea and farting badly. They eat only science diet I think the food is causing them problems. Please help

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they are clear of parasites then it probably is the food. I am not sure but isn't CD the one for urinary tract health? Has one or both of them had difficulty with crystals. If so then I would talk to the vet about trying a different food. I would recommend just trying something different but if there is a history of crystals then you have to be careful with their food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never had crystal problems. I have cats in the past that had problems and I ask the dr if the cd food was beneficial to prevent the problem that's why. And no they don't have parasites