Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Have you tried tuna juice or chn broth ... heating can cause issues with raw food
Yep, tried both...he won't do more than lick it off

I heat it in a plastic bag in a bowl of warm water...is that okay? He won't even touch it cold/room temp.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Yep, tried both...he won't do more than lick it off

I heat it in a plastic bag in a bowl of warm water...is that okay? He won't even touch it cold/room temp.
Meat starts to cook at 116 F( ie why a mircowave defrost can start cookin the meat) .... so for us that is just warm... or at least me as my fish tanks are about 80 and it is still a bit cold... You may want to try a homemade diet with him instead of raw

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Meat starts to cook at 116 F( ie why a mircowave defrost can start cookin the meat) .... so for us that is just warm... or at least me as my fish tanks are about 80 and it is still a bit cold... You may want to try a homemade diet with him instead of raw
My only response is

I've thought about making homemade but really would rather do raw IF I can get him to eat it. Maybe I'll try re-introducing raw to him a little at a time in his wet food and see what happens. He was eating it well until I tried giving him beef. The first time that I gave beef to him he threw up and seems to have lost enthusiasm since then( I'm sticking to chicken with him for now).

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I figured out a way to get Tucker to eat his food!

I crushed a couple of Wildside Salmon kitty treats between my fingers and sprinkled it on top. *POOF* Just like that the food all vanished! YAY!!!
*fingers crossed that it keeps working*

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

I figured out a way to get Tucker to eat his food!

I crushed a couple of Wildside Salmon kitty treats between my fingers and sprinkled it on top. *POOF* Just like that the food all vanished! YAY!!!
*fingers crossed that it keeps working*
OPPS... I use that to bribe Kandie alot