Diabetes and Berberine?

Ursula Braun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone experience with giving cats Berberine and CBD oil?
I have a white cat woth low immune system, diabetes treated earlier with insulin but now only with low fiber food. 14 years old approximately. Also has skin parasite I believe, vet couldn't find any but my other cat gets it once a year which I can fix with diatomaceous earth applications since it manifests only on top of the ears. Unfortunately it only works well on my other cat. My white cat doesn't have ears (amputated because of it) vet suspected skin cancer but my cat has blck crusts around his mouth and lower throath area. Tried to apply DE and herbal treatment which keeps it as is but not heals it.
I believe it all has to do with being an albino and low imune system.
Also developed now gum issues which could be related since the worst part is on the corner of his mouth/lips.
Anyone here with experience on berberine and CBD oil giving to cats?
Turmeric golden paste is not an option. I tried btw.
Thank you.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not use berberine with a cat without guidance from the vet. I have taken it in the past (I am not a diabetic, but my A1C is on the high side of normal) and it caused me to be lightheaded and dizzy. I have given my cat CBD oil and it didn't do a thing other than make her lick her belly raw. The black crusts around his mouth and throat could be feline acne. Do you feed out of plastic dishes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ursula Braun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would not use berberine with a cat without guidance from the vet. I have taken it in the past (I am not a diabetic, but my A1C is on the high side of normal) and it caused me to be lightheaded and dizzy. I have given my cat CBD oil and it didn't do a thing other than make her lick her belly raw. The black crusts around his mouth and throat could be feline acne. Do you feed out of plastic dishes?
Thanks for your info. I use ceramic dishes. The CBD oil seems to help with the black stuff but it takes time with Snow.