Dh is talking to the attorney

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JanCat15

I don't know what your situation is, but here are a couple of ideas. You can try a non profit debt consolidation company for getting any credit cards paid off with much lower or no interest. They work out how much you make, how much you owe and how much you need to live on and try to work out a payment plan. Or you can call the credit card companies yourself, explain what is going on and work on lower interest rates and payments. They would rather get paid something then having you go bankrupt and they get nothing. If you have high medical bills you can work with the hospitals on a lower payment plan. If you can't make your house payments, your best bet is to try to sell it before you lose it. That way you, hopefully, can pay off the mortgage, maybe have a little money left over and keep your credit rating so you can buy another house when you get back on your feet. I hope this helps some. Good luck.
Yep-selling it is what we are aiming for! I am so sad, but really we just have no choice!