Deworming

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two girls I've been caring for since they were weaned. Both are spayed. I usually give them the Bayer worm medicine but wondered if there was a better medicine that doesn't require a prescription and not expensive? I usually do it in the early fall. I need to put in their food.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are these two females feral cats that you care for? You can puchase Drontral dewormer on line without a prescription. Yet it is vile tasting. I buy chicken flavored gelatin caps and break the Drontal into small pieces. I then cover the capsule with a pill pocket or cream cheese. If the cat bites into it, they will not eat it.

If you can get these cats to the vet, many vet techs will just pill the cats for you.

I have also used a homeopathic dewormer that is drops that you place in the cats food. It does take a 2x daily dose for about 2 weeks, but it works well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the info. I cannot get them to the vet but will try your suggestions. Never thought of those ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are these two females feral cats that you care for? You can puchase Drontral dewormer on line without a prescription. Yet it is vile tasting. I buy chicken flavored gelatin caps and break the Drontal into small pieces. I then cover the capsule with a pill pocket or cream cheese. If the cat bites into it, they will not eat it.

If you can get these cats to the vet, many vet techs will just pill the cats for you.

I have also used a homeopathic dewormer that is drops that you place in the cats food. It does take a 2x daily dose for about 2 weeks, but it works well.
What is the name of the homeopathic dewormer? Do they notice it?