Deworming semi feral indoor cat

Yankeern

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do I deworm semi feral indoor cat? Noticed tape worm in vomit. Newly adopted from shelter. Neutered and all vacs done.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. First I would make an effort to properly ID the type of worm you are dealing with - perhaps take a sample to your vet and ask them to confirm what it actually is. It is more often roundworms that cats will vomit up, but it could also be hookworms, lungworms, or even heartworms - and that is why you need to make sure what worms you are dealing with before trying to treat them.

Once you know, there are many OTC products that you can buy that can be crushed up and put into his food. If that were to be a problem, you could try crushing one up in a small amount of the water that canned tuna/chicken is packed in, or any other small amount of food you know for sure he will eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yankeern

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do I deworm semi feral indoor cat? Noticed tape worm in vomit. Newly adopted from shelter. Neutered and all vacs done.
Tape worm visualized

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yankeern

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. First I would make an effort to properly ID the type of worm you are dealing with - perhaps take a sample to your vet and ask them to confirm what it actually is. It is more often roundworms that cats will vomit up, but it could also be hookworms, lungworms, or even heartworms - and that is why you need to make sure what worms you are dealing with before trying to treat them.

Once you know, there are many OTC products that you can buy that can be crushed up and put into his food. If that were to be a problem, you could try crushing one up in a small amount of the water that canned tuna/chicken is packed in, or any other small amount of food you know for sure he will eat.
Ty!