deworming question

joseph cardoza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I kinda adopted a kitten from internet craiglist  I trusted the people they said they had two kittens 8 weeks old and had been dewormed so was very fee they wanted for kitten I new it would need vet check up and shots so made app right away when got kitten when I got kitten I thought gee it looks younger than 8 weeks and at first it was having runs I started it on kitten chow no soft food but I did moisten it she ate fine and she was using litter box no problem there stoll was becoming firmer but not solid for lack of better term lumpy mashed potatoes well took kitten to vet andthey said kitten is more like 4 weeks old and only ways pound the vet did giver deworming med to kitten and gave me a bottle of rx biotic powder to sprinkle over food 1/2 scoop every 12 hours and a script for antibiotic I have to pick up kitten had no fever they also gave her a dose of fluid iv because of poo problem they wanted to be safe she wasn't dehydrated no shots yet too young she has to g back in four days for  follow up check up now I saw no worms before deworming and I would inspect and I have not seen any yet its only been about 10 hrs since vet visit but she is back to runs poor thing and very watery she trys to make it to liter box and just cant all time but im wondering if its the worm med that caused the runs again is that normal or the biotic medicine that supposed to help her digestion system and help stop runs any answers thank you

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The biotic med to sprinkle on food is called a probiotic. It means it replaces the good bacteria that gets removed from the antibiotics.

Gets them back in balance.

However, I suspect the kitten will need ponazuril for the diarrhea.

Coccidia is quite common in kittens.

Yes, 1 pound is approx a 4 week old kitten.

Poor thing.

Please buy some Babycat by Royal Canin.

It's perfect for newly weaned small kittens and is excellent in nutritional value and kittens thrive wonderfully.

Pink/white bag. Not cheap but well worth every cent.

Also feed daily canned. Don't switch up brands, just get some fancy feast kitten canned.