DeWorming Luck??

spaythestrays81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently brought a stray home.  I intended to keep him/her safe and  living in my in yard until I found a good home.  A few days of teaming rain and I decided to let her in, in the basement, isolated from my babies.  Well this cats a real charmer. I treated her once before the meeting with an over the counter dewormer, Tablet from PEtco.  I noticed a  few weeks later, white things(possibly tape worms?) out of her rear.  So i treated her again.  Well after noticing worms again, and she's chewing her tail up near the anus, I am beginning to wonder if she needed a specific dewormer rather than a general spectrum pill, or maybe just worms aren't the issue.  However, the 3 cats I have are rescued and the vet bills aren't really possible right now to properly diagnose this...ANY suggestions?  Either a specific product? Tradewinds Tapeworm Tablet? or I don't know? Drontal? without a Rx

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What brand of de-wormer did you use? What dose?

Yeah, if you can get Drontal that would be best. If you can't, Tradewinds Tapeworm pills will work but are large and hard to give. Has she been to the vet yet? She'll need shots and spaying for sure, and FeLV/FIV testing if you ever want to introduce her to other cats. She may also have fleas if she's chewing herself.