Dewey The Library Cat

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

I heard last year that they intend to start a movie based on the book this year. Also, I read that Vicki Myron has another cat, though I think I read that the library board won't let him/her stay at the library.
She has since retired from the library... and they've been cat-less at that library since Dewey died...

I also love the cover. he was young in that picture, but his expression remind me of my own two, one of whom is a DMH/DLH orange/red cat... Dewey's antics remind me of Jack, though, who's always getting into things he shouldn't.

Dewey, for those on FB, has a Facebook page. I'm a fan on there. it has the same picture as the cover. And Vicki Myron runs the page for Dewey.

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on the cover is so precious! I am going to put it on my mantle facing out on a book stand, or maybe I'll frame it. Its just as sweet a pic as any I have hanging in the livingroom. I am not on FB. People ask me to be their friend, and not to offend anyone, I accept but never visit their sites. I think I'll make an exception for Dewey though. Hope I have the courage to see the film. Maybe I can get a private showing, so I can cry to my heart's content!!lol

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a cat at the shelter when I first started there that would have been a perfect replacement for Dewey. His name was Quanah. He looked just like Dewey, and had a very similar personality. Clean, good groomer, and he loved everybody. He was eventually adopted by a college girl who wanted a companion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to see how the selection process plays out. Dewey had such a unique face, so expressive and kind. He will be hard to replicate!

mrsty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was probably the first cat story book I ever read and loved it. I was just putting in a review for "Homer" in the books section on TheCatSite and couldn't find it listed anywhere with the other books there....how can it not be in that area? I really wanted to give it Stars....

I just found the books section on the website and can't wait to check out some more cat stories.:clap:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This was probably the first cat story book I ever read and loved it. I was just putting in a review for "Homer" in the books section on TheCatSite and couldn't find it listed anywhere with the other books there....how can it not be in that area? I really wanted to give it Stars....

I just found the books section on the website and can't wait to check out some more cat stories.:clap:
Here you go -

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/dewey-the-small-town-library-cat-who-touched-the-world

I added it in. :)