Devon Rex, Cornish Rex and Sphynx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh my god they are
ADORABLE!!!! its like they're the perfect mix of both breeds! i love sphynx but dont think i cld deal with the slightly oily skin but they look perfect. when i get another devon i either want a black smoke, blue or torti its such a hard desision especially after seeing your babies! they hurt my eyes with their cuteness....can we see more plics pleeeeeeease!
p.s
im so jealous u live in canada...one day ill travel there

loopycann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please stop posting these sphinx,Cornish and Devon's! I simply cannot stand such an overload of beauty and wonder!!!! let me CATch my breath before you post more of these wonderful suedebabies!(LOL!!!)please ,really,please post more.Everyone of them, mixed or purebred, :wait:are truly gifts from above.

Last edited:

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted these two babies from a slightly questionable situation.  I have a feeling they were being kept outside.  =(

I took them in to be fixed and found out that the girl was pregnant so I am now expecting Cornish Rex (or Cornish Rex mixed) kittens within the next few weeks.  If I only keep one, I'll consider that a victory.  

The orangish one is Harpo and the black and white one is the female, Groucho Meowx.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL... well, you're not going to get any money from selling the kittens, but I imagine you're not into the hobby because you want to make money; breeders practically never do. Still, if you want to continue breeding your cats, you will need to have room in your house for future litters.

If you don't want to continue breeding, if you feel it's too sad to part with the kittens (I guess this is your first litter?), then well--you'll have six cats. If you can take care of them, if they're happy and healthy and your house stays livable, then you're perfectly fine. There are some of us here who actually care for a dozen or more pet cats. And I'm not talking cat hoarding, either; they're proper, healthy, loved pets.

I think, though, that if you keep your four kittens, maybe you had better get your tom and queen neutered, since you won't be breeding them in the future and you certainly don't want them reproducing with the kittens. And the kittens, too, naturally, since siblings reproducing is not usually a good thing. You don't have to breed your cats if you don't want to; shouldn't, in fact. It's okay to just be a cat owner, however much you love the breed.

Last edited:

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got the two Cornish Rexes from a kitten mill situation and when I took them to be fixed I was told she was already pregnant so I just had him neutered.  I am not a breeder....just a person who wanted one cat (was only planning on getting the daddy), took two because they were a bonded pair and felt bad separating them, and then ended up with 6 cats.  Things could be worse!  =)  She'll be spayed as soon as she dries up from nursing.  She was about 4 weeks along when I got her and I wasn't going to terminate her pregnancy but this one will be her last.  I'll find homes for at least 2 or 3 of them....or at least I'll try and they'll be fixed before they go to their new homes.  I work with a local cat rescue so I am a strong believer in spaying and neutering your pets but I'm not going to lie, I'm super excited to watch these kittens try to grow into those ridiculous ears!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I see, my bad! Well, in that case, I guess it's mostly down to whether you want six cats or not, huh? Though, you know, if you found local homes for the kittens, maybe even among friends, you could still get updates on how they were doing. I adopted my cat Christy from a shelter, and I sent them updates and photos on her every few months for a while. Just adopting out a kitten doesn't necessarily mean you will never see them again, or never know how they are doing. It's probably better to keep in touch with the adopters anyway, since that means you can give them a guarantee that you'll take the cat back if they can't care for it, so the cat doesn't end up in a shelter.

How old are they now? Can we have some closer-up pics? Well, providing you don't annoy momma cat too much when you take them. :)

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were born on 02-11-14 so they're only 5 days old right now. Mama is fine with me being around her and the babies. I actually started a post trying to figure out how to keep her from putting the babies under the covers next to me when I'm sleeping. The compromise I made with mama kitty is that they can stay on the bed on the other side surrounded by pillows to keep them from crawling off too far.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable!! That little gray one sure loves its milk! Mom seems pretty comfy too, even with you playing paparazzi on the kittens.

Hey, I bet she thinks you are her co-mother! Mom cats do that sometimes, they just kind of combine litters and raise them together. She knows you're a motherly sort because you've been mothering her, and she knows the bed is nice and warm, so she figures, hey, let's combine our nests and raise the kittens together!

At the very least, she's put her kittens there because it's warm. The rest is just theory. :)

The pillows won't hold them for long. By week three they'll start exploring; by week five they'll be all over the place. Look into kitten-proofing now, before they turn into tiny furry whirlwinds of curiosity!

Last edited:

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a kitty playpen that I'll move them into once they're able to climb over a pillow.  They're just too small right now and can fit through the bars.  It has two sets of doors so mama can get out of the door on the top but they won't be able to for a few weeks.  The house is still kitten-proof from a litter a stray had in November.  I got her indoors one week before they were born.  The last kitten got adopted about a week before this one had her litter.  Mama is still looking for a new home but she's shy so it will probably be a while.

I've never heard of the co-mothering amongst cats.  That could be it because she brings them to me all the time like, "do your part, woman!" and then I have to put them back with the rest.  We're pretty close, she and I.  She's such a great kitty.  I'm hooked on Cornish Rexes now!!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're beautifully warm, aren't they? And such snugglers! I've only met a couple when I volunteered in the shelter; they always got snapped up right away because they were the ones who greeted visitors and they look so unusual with their big bat ears!

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're purrfect in every way!!  They are velvety, and yes, very warm.  I can't get enough snuggles from mine.  They are the perfect pet in my opinion!  Personality of a dog with the convenience of a cat.  

chrystal dawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's the babies a little bit bigger and a whole lot sweeter!!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeee!!! They are so, so cute! l want to cuddle them all.

The pic of the little blue one sleeping with his head back is adorable.