Destiny Cat Show Florida 2007

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

First I want to say Thank You to Nial (kai bengals) and his wife Teri who took me under their wing and show me the ropes at a cat show!
I was even given the privilege to carry Itsy, Ms Spotty and Jack to and from the judging area!
That was the best experience of the whole show!
They were so patient with my 1000 different questions.

I can't thank you enough!

Now on to the pictures! It was so hard to remember to take pictures when there were so many exciting things going on in every judging area! So if I left out a breed I'm sorry!

These first pictures are for Abymummy!

Abyssinians

more to follow sorry photobucket is acting up!
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Great pics Eva. Guess you didn't disrupt things too badly, as you didn't get arrested!

Great pics of all the kits, Abymummy is gonna LOVE the abys!
Thanks so much Eva!!!
It sounds like you had a great time!! The first pic - I seriously love the color!!!
Unfortunately, Abys everywhere and in any registry aren't having that great a show year
except for 1 little Aby boy!). Can you recall seeing any blue/fawn abys? Great pics!

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That cat with the curled whiskers, is that natural, or did the owners curl them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

That cat with the curled whiskers, is that natural, or did the owners curl them?
No that was a natural curl to the whiskers.

Originally Posted by Abymummy

Thanks so much Eva!!!
It sounds like you had a great time!! The first pic - I seriously love the color!!!
Unfortunately, Abys everywhere and in any registry aren't having that great a show year
except for 1 little Aby boy!). Can you recall seeing any blue/fawn abys? Great pics!
I'm trying to recall how the Aby's did at this show. I think they did very well. I know they had several ribbons attached to their personal cages.

Does blue/fawn mean a light grey/silver color? If so no there were none. I took pictures of all the Abys in the show. The Aby being held by an older lady is new to the Aby breed and she really couldn't help to much. This was her first show with an Aby. I remember asking her if all Aby's had a black tip at the end of their tail. She wasn't able to give me an answer though. Here is her Aby. It didn't have that beautiful bright rusty orange color as the other Aby.

The other breeder of the bright rusty orange Aby was a judge I think and never seemed to have a free time for questions.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great pictures Eva!
I've never been to a cat show, so I appreciate the look inside of one.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I'm trying to recall how the Aby's did at this show. I think they did very well. I know they had several ribbons attached to their personal cages.

Does blue/fawn mean a light grey/silver color? If so no there were none. I took pictures of all the Abys in the show. The Aby being held by an older lady is new to the Aby breed and she really couldn't help to much. This was her first show with an Aby. I remember asking her if all Aby's had a black tip at the end of their tail. She wasn't able to give me an answer though. Here is her Aby. It didn't have that beautiful bright rusty orange color as the other Aby.

The other breeder of the bright rusty orange Aby was a judge I think and never seemed to have a free time for questions.
Ok, ok...A blue Aby is sort of light blue (think Aquamarine) in color and a fawn aby is sandy in color.

A blue Aby with extreme colored coat:

A fawn Aby:

The Aby in you first pic is Red and the aby in this one is Ruddy, just like my babies!

And yes, all Aby tails have what appears to be a black tip!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope there were no Aby's of that color at this cat show. I just loved the Ruddy colors they were so bright!