Destination Weddings - Experiences/Advice???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

The wedding hall as sundance looks like a really good place to get married!!
Have you been to either place?
Eric has, as he's from Utah, but it was his sisters who suggested it. He's taken me to Utah 4 times, but not to these places... just casual family trips, etc. We're going this winter to check it out and see everything. Can't wait! I want to take Sandy and I highly doubt these hotels have dog rooms. So we'll probably end up at the Motel 6 down the street!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the hall at Sundance, but the rooms at Park City appeal more to me.

Not that that matters! But there's my opinion.

calicocallie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love the wedding hall at Sundance... but I like the interior of Hotel Park City much more! Is there a wedding hall there, too? Post a picture if you can find one!

My husband and I did a destination wedding-- we gathered our closest friends and family and went to the beach. After a little online investigation, we found a wedding planner who specialized in beach weddings, and he took care of EVERYTHING... at a pretty reasonable price. As for our experience with the prices and hidden costs: We paid a deposit upfront to secure our date with the resort and the services of the wedding planner (which included the minister, the live music, flowers, and professional photography/videography-- we just told him what we wanted and he coordinated everything!), and then paid separately for the reception and yet again for the cake. Afterwards, we paid the remaining balances to the wedding planner and to the resort. Both of us still feel like a destination wedding was the best way to go and would not have done it any other way. Some indoor places have rules about whether flower girls can drop real flower petals or if they must be silk... obviously on the beach they would blow away, so I got our flowergirl a tiny nosegay that matched the bridesmaids flowers. Problem solved! But there was not much stress at all-- the only thing that I ever worried about was making sure I could find bridesmaids dresses in the right sizes. LOL. We got married on the beach early in the morning and had a breakfast reception in the banquet room of the resort immediately afterwards. Reserve your date as soon as possible once you decide where you want to have your wedding!

So I really LIKE the ski breakfast idea! What time of day are you thinking of getting married?

I joked to my husband that Callie could be the ring bearer. LOLOL. Can you imagine a cat walking down the aisle with a pillow around its neck? You know, like the cat in the movie "meet the parents?" Ha, yeah right, most cats I know are not that disciplined

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoCallie

I love the wedding hall at Sundance... but I like the interior of Hotel Park City much more! Is there a wedding hall there, too? Post a picture if you can find one!

So I really LIKE the ski breakfast idea! What time of day are you thinking of getting married?

I joked to my husband that Callie could be the ring bearer. LOLOL. Can you imagine a cat walking down the aisle with a pillow around its neck? You know, like the cat in the movie "meet the parents?" Ha, yeah right, most cats I know are not that disciplined
Cool beans!! Thank you SO much for your experiences, Callie! We want Sandy to be our ring bearer too... if she can! That's our impish gal, lower right photo. I cannot imagine getting married without her. She was born on Feb 8, the runt of the litter at 8 of 9 (9 didn't make it), and Eric's and my "dating anniversary" is on December 8. I understand about Callie, that's for sure. If it's too much, we'll just marry at our house with Sammy & Saba looking out the window.

The wedding will be a Saturday night wedding, with the ski brunch next day, and not at 8 a.m.!

The Hotel Park City does not have a wedding hall. It would be in one of the event rooms. They have limited photos - kinda a private place.