Desperately need help and advice!

fr gregg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you've done a really wonderful thing by taking in this cat. She'll probably be ready to come home the next day...a vet usually likes to keep a cat over night and make sure everything's OK. Your cat's meowing and so forth should be over now for good...if it was 'heat' related. She should also be a more quiet home-body now. I (personally) would tell your 'roomie' that you ARE keeping the cat...and if that doesn't meet with her approval then perhaps SHE should seek other accommodations (not that you're asking her to leave, but more playing a firm hand and showing that you're SERIOUS about the importance of this cat in your life. Once you deside that this cat IS going to be part of your life---then NOTHING is going to stand in your way of keeping and caring for her...and shouldn't, after all, she's a part of you and makes up part of YOUR family. I've found that once YOU make up your mind about keeping someone in your life...the rest comes rather naturally. You've are already invested in this little 'person'/cat...so since you've said 'yes' to her---I hope that you'll keep your promise and care for her from now on. She'll be grateful forever...I know...and you'll have a special reason to come home from now on: that little furry ball of emotions...waiting just for YOU!

God bless!

fr gregg

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

keep the cat. dump the roomate.
I was thinking the same thing.
besides cats will love you for life, but roommate will end up freaking out over somethign in the end.

maryfrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
KittenKiya is very smart. I lived in Manhattan for most of my adult life, and I can assure you NYC doesn't need any more kittens. You did the right thing in having her neutered. It is the humane thing to do.

MY wild Arabian cat, who adopted me when I was working in Riyadh, is very much the same story. I had to have her spayed when she was pregnant. No problem with that: she was just a girl herself.

A cat that follows you around is a wonderful thing: a smart, affectionate pet who you can train.

But yeah. The yowling may go on. After months and months of sweetness, my cat was awful a couple of weeks ago. I was exhausted and about to be evicted. But that is was cats do if they are young and frisky. She stopped when I put her in the bathroom as soon as she started. Water spraying also works, but it is tough.

Hang in there.