Desperate!!

julie25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get her off of the pills. Those pills often make animals doubly anxious because dizziness and confusion caused by them can disturb them quite a bit. After owning cats for many years I learned that tranquilzing a cat is more likely to upset it than anything else.

Your cat and your partner are both extremely jealous of each other. Both are terribly insecure and highly stressed and wound up inside. I'm afraid you will have no choice but to find a new home for one of the two because neither will ever be happy otherwise.

Unfortunately, when one partner kind of suggests to the other, "either he goes or I do," more often than not the other chooses to pick his dependent and toss out the partner.

Also, a partner who has nerves to bad that he has to run to a doctor because he is incapable of learning to cope with the meowing of a cat might have some fairly severe problems himself. It might be best to medicate the partner versus the cat.

This is a quite a dangerous situation, both for you and your cat, as well as very unhealthy for all three of you. No animal or child should have to live in a home where one of its superiors absolutely detests it. An animal or child in such a situation will nearly always end up being mentally damaged for life, and often physically abused when the other isn't around as well. You need to make a decision very quickly as to which partner you want to keep.
You clearly can't even begin to consider keeping both.

Oh, and I would never advise getting another cat, no matter how quiet -- or any other animal for that matter. It will end up disturbed too.

julie25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
By the way, don't kill your cat simply because she and your partner have issues. she deserves to live and it's not right for a human to kill a poor helpless animal that can't defend itself simply because he wants an easy way out. Too often people convince themselves that the cat would really prefer death. That's not true. Every living thing wants to live as long as possible and is actually very terrified of death.

Rather than snuffing out her breath, find a loving home for the poor thing. That's what she needs and deserves out of life more than anything else.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We deal with pointed cats ("Siamese," although most are nowhere near purebred) on a regular basis, and some are real characters. Some are just regular cats who happen to have striking fur patterns.

But most Siamese have "the voice." Sterling does, too, although he rarely uses it. Some cats are talkers. Some are virtually silent (both Punkin and Ella). Cats, like kids and friends, have different personalities. There's only so much you can do to change that.