Describe something funny that your cat or cats do...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had two stray cats in our neighborhood have kittens around the same time. The neighbors assumed that because we love cats, they belonged to us. So, we took them in. It wasn't possible for us to keep all ten kittens, though I think about the ones we put up for adoption all the time. Anyway, we kept two kittens from each litter. Plus, the mom cats. They lived on the porch for a while, and raccoons came up on a nightly basis to eat cat food. I've read that cats learn from watching other cats, but a couple of our kittens learned from watching raccoons. Namely, Sally and Bree. Mostly Sally. She dips her hands in the food and then water bowl. It is funny to watch, but she makes a mess! She leaves dry cat food in other people's (and by people's, I mean cats) water.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She dips her hands in the food and then water bowl. It is funny to watch, but she makes a mess! She leaves dry cat food in other people's (and by people's, I mean cats) water.
There is another thread somewhere on this forum I read about a cat putting food into water. This can't be random... maybe very uncommon, but not totally random. This is interesting to me.

This is the funniest thing my cat does:

Staring contest with a neighbor's cat across the alley

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel so does she eat that bite ?
Or leave it there.....
Our kitties all start out in the bathroom when they arrive. So that means lots of playing in the bathtub....... Now whoever happens to catch a mouse hauls butt up to the bathtub to play with it.
20200117_144808.jpg
20190313_182825.jpg

Please excuse the rust stained tub .....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Docs Mom Docs Mom she leaves it in the water, too. She may eat some of it, because she is certainly on the "big-boned" size, but I think it's mostly the fun of putting it in the water and then batting at it.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel Mine also like to put their favorite toys in their waterbowls........ nothing like squeezing out catnip tea🥴. I usually end up restuffing them with new catnip.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A weird food related one with Lola. When I set her dinner plate down, instead of walking a few feet to it she needs to walk in a semi circle around before eating. So she walks away from her food and around the room wide circle including under the table before ending up exactly behind the plate. Every single time. 🤷‍♀️