depression and shame

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are so not alone. And there are quite a few options out there now for depression. Wellbutrin and zoloft are just a few examples. I would maybe look into zoloft and see if it fits your needs since you do have some anxiety. And theres nothing wrong with you. It is a chemical imbalance, and between counseling on positive ways to deal with negativity that everyone has in their life, an antidepressant will benefit you as well. And some have low side effects. But the doctor will want to constantly have follow ups with you just make sure that you are adjusting okay and everything is working for you. Call your doctor and make an appointment. Tell him whats going on, and then maybe he can recommend another doctor in the area you are moving to that can help you.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I have been there, and its hard to admit it, but eventually you do need to. Especially when you realize that you are missing out on all of the good things in life.
Take care.

ruthiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You've been getting some very good advice here. I just wanted to mention that if the Dr does prescribe medication, it will take a couple of weeks before you'll start to really feel better. Give the medication a chance to work and you'll be very surprised when you realize the clouds are starting to lift.

Excercise is a good idea, but some folks just need more help. Self medicating with alcohol or drugs only masks whatever might be bothering you. As soon as you sober up, your problems are still there.

You are making an important first step. We're all pulling for you!!! Keep us posted as you take your journey.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has replied or sent me a pm. Just knowing that people care makes such a difference.
That´s why I never been TIRED of Say this...
TCS the best place of the world

My best wishes for you
don´t give up!
Animo!