Depressed Mama

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After recent events I'm very sure my cat Ryu is depressed. If you haven't seen any of my other threads she had her second litter of kittens, 2 were stillborn, and 1 didn't survive the first night despite all my efforts. That left her with 2 left. She was pretty upset but after a few days began actually taking care of them instead of ignoring them unless under supervision. Yesterday something startled her while she was feeding both kittens were still nursing and still holding on when she raced out of the box. This caused one of the kittens necks to snap and it killed him. 
 I cried for probably the rest of the night and cuddled both the surviving kitten and mama Ryu.  

Now (understandably) my sweet pretty kitty is depressed. I'm giving her all the love in the world but Lucky (her last kitten) is gonna be a week old tomorrow and still needs her. Does any one have any tips on how to help her through this? I'm so worried for both Lucky and Ryu =(

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Feliway diffuser cant never be wrong.

there are different flower scent remedies,  Dr Bachs is old classic,  other is sold among others by

Jackson Galaxy (name of a cat whisperer, but also his firm, selling among others such Flower Scents).

Music may also help, I want to believe.  Classical harp music perhaps.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I'll keep the classical music part in mind til I can get the money for the feliway diffuser. As it is I just spent the last bit of money we have on food and a new cat toy to put in with Little Lucky for him to cuddle with since he lost his only litter mate.