Depressed Kitty.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So last night i broke my leg. My cat has been acting sad ever since. He is not being playful and i am worried. Taking him to the vet will not be easy but i will find a way if i need to. He is eating and drinking but he is not playing. Could he be upset that i am hurt?

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your leg.  He very well could be reacting to your pain and mood.  Many cats are quite sensitive to their caretaker's physical and emotional state.  When I'm sick or sad my tabby, Archie, often cuddles and comforts me.  Even Lucy, who tends toward the aloof, will sometimes nestle up to provide support.  Unless you see other signs for concern, I wouldn't worry at this point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is eating, drinking and using his litter box which a friend helped me scoop this morning. He isnt sick but he is not being playful either. He just wants to be beside me. And he keeps pushing me back into the bed to lay down but he has no interest in hos toys. He is upset or sad. I just dont want him to be hurt. If he needs to go the vet i will find a way, even if i am hurt because he is my heart. I just needed a sexond opinion so i thank you very much.