Depressed Kitty

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After recent events I'm very sure my cat Ryu is depressed. If you haven't seen any of my other threads she had her second litter of kittens, 2 were stillborn, and 1 didn't survive the first night despite all my efforts. That left her with 2 left. She was pretty upset but after a few days began actually taking care of them instead of ignoring them unless under supervision. Yesterday something startled her while she was feeding both kittens were still nursing and still holding on when she raced out of the box. This caused one of the kittens necks to snap and it killed him. 

Now (understandably) my sweet pretty kitty is depressed. I'm giving her all the love in the world but Lucky (her last kitten) is gonna be a week old tomorrow and still needs her. Does any one have any tips on how to help her through this? I'm so worried for both Lucky and Ryu =(

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. 

I'm not really up on mothers and their kittens.  I think you would receive better advice in pregnant cats and kitten care, if you would like to post there as well. 

Others who come here may also be able to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mani, thanks, I actually thought that I had posted this in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care. I must've not been paying attention to where I clicked.