Dental Surgery And Bloody Eye Discharge

kflei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two days ago my cat had three teeth pulled- one lower, and her two upper canines. Today I see she has bloody discharge from her eyes; it's thin, but is fresh blood. I realize the mouth and eye are close in proximity, and am wondering if this is just a result of the surgery and will go away? It's not much discharge, it's not running from her eye, but it's there. Doesn't seem to be bothering her (and of course it's Sunday, so the vet office is closed). Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Do you have a phone number for weekend questions? Or call the er vet office and ask what they think? the sinuses are connected so it's possible it's left over blood from the teeth that seeped into the sinuses but hard to say. How is the eating? Drinking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kflei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The discharge is clear now. I just gave her her Metacam, Buprenex, and Clindamycin, so she's in hiding. I'd like to see her eating better, but she's 12, so I assume is having a harder time getting over the surgery than the other cat who had 6 teeth pulled the same day, but is only 6, so is already back to her old self. And yes, that bill was over 2k... I'm going to give her tuna again- that seems to be the only thing she wants right now. Aside from that, she's sleeping a lot, but not lethargic or listless- she's alert...

I couldn't find squat on the internet about this. If it should worsen, I'll def take her to the emergency vet; otherwise, I'll be calling the clinic first thing in the morning.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it is any comfort at all, when I had dental surgery YEARS ago for a tooth whose roots were in my sinus, I was warned that I might see some bloody discharge. I forgot what they told me was normal, but they did tell me it could happen.