Dental Sprays For My Cats

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet just recommended LEBA III for my cat's terrible teeth. He's an old boy (14yrs ).
He's a diabetic and can't have his teeth cleaned.
This spray is so expensive. Before I buy it, I was hoping that maybe someone else could share with me if the product works.....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't heard of this before, but I also have a 14 year old cat with bad teeth. He's had a few cleanings & extractions in his life, but I worry about putting him under again for another cleaning. I'd be very interested to see if anyone has used this spray.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't heard of this before, but I also have a 14 year old cat with bad teeth. He's had a few cleanings & extractions in his life, but I worry about putting him under again for another cleaning. I'd be very interested to see if anyone has used this spray.
I totally understand. My vet said she would NOT put him under anesthesia. I'm desperate. I'm going to go ahead and purchase this product. If it works I'll definitely add a thread

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i used to have an elderly diabetic cat who, due to CKD, could not be put under general anesthesia for dental cleaning. Her teeth were successfully cleaned several times by the Vet using "gas" to keep her under during the cleaning. Gas can be used to inspect and clean the teeth, but cannot be used for extended periods of time for extractions etc.

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i used to have an elderly diabetic cat who, due to CKD, could not be put under general anesthesia for dental cleaning. Her teeth were successfully cleaned several times by the Vet using "gas" to keep her under during the cleaning. Gas can be used to inspect and clean the teeth, but cannot be used for extended periods of time for extractions etc.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet just recommended LEBA III for my cat's terrible teeth. He's an old boy (14yrs ).
This spray is so expensive. Before I buy it, I was hoping that maybe someone else could share with me if the product works.....
I haven't heard of this before. Hm. My young cat won't let me brush her teeth; maybe I'll look into this spray some day.

You have to spray it on the cat's tongue -- I wonder if it makes a loud noise, or startles the cat? I'm sure it's not something that you want the cat to aspirate by accident. Wonder how it works...

I did find a price reduction ( Leba III Pet Dental Spray (1 oz) ), so maybe if you decide to use it, you could shop around and find the best price.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I totally understand. My vet said she would NOT put him under anesthesia. I'm desperate. I'm going to go ahead and purchase this product. If it works I'll definitely add a thread
According to the directions, there are 240 sprays in the bottle, and the initial dose for a cat is one spray twice daily. That gives 4 months of treatments. $50 over 4 months is roughly $13/month, which isn't too bad for dental.

The bottle might not last as long if you put drops in water for treatment with a syringe. This spray looks really interesting. I have some young cats with sore gums. If they won't tolerate me cleaning their teeth, I may try this.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't heard of this before. Hm. My young cat won't let me brush her teeth;
Have a look at Logic gel. It is supposed to be the only toothpaste that will work as long as it is in the cats mouth. I dab some on the mouth of my cats and they lick it off . Have not been using it long enough to know how good it is but worth a try

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of that one. I've been thinking of trying Proden Plaqueoff for my dogs. But all I have to go on are the user reviews. If it works though, I will get the cat formula and use it on the kittens before any problems arise. I like that it comes in either powder or treat so I don't have to worry about aspiration or getting bit.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My previous cat was diabetic and had several dentals done. Dental are recommended for most diabetic cats as bad teeth can result in bacteria which causes elevated blood glucose levels.

I've never heard of the LEBA III dental spray before. You may want to ask on the Felinediabetes.com message board. Someone there may have used this product before.

I found the product's web site: Lebalab Inc It looks like you can use an eye dropper to dispense the liquid into the pet's mouth if the pet doesn't like the spray. The product itself is just distilled water, 25% ethyl alcohol, Lamiaceae (mint type plant), and Rosaceae (rose type plant).

Can you brush your cat's teeth? Many don't like it at first but with patience and treats, many will tolerate it. CET toothpaste is popular and is safe for diabetics. Another option is a chlorhexidine gluconate dental rinse or spray for pets.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a look at Logic gel. It is supposed to be the only toothpaste that will work as long as it is in the cats mouth. I dab some on the mouth of my cats and they lick it off . Have not been using it long enough to know how good it is but worth a try
Thank you, verna! I will!!

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't heard of this before. Hm. My young cat won't let me brush her teeth; maybe I'll look into this spray some day.

You have to spray it on the cat's tongue -- I wonder if it makes a loud noise, or startles the cat? I'm sure it's not something that you want the cat to aspirate by accident. Wonder how it works...

I did find a price reduction ( Leba III Pet Dental Spray (1 oz) ), so maybe if you decide to use it, you could shop around and find the best price.
Thank you!

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a look at Logic gel. It is supposed to be the only toothpaste that will work as long as it is in the cats mouth. I dab some on the mouth of my cats and they lick it off . Have not been using it long enough to know how good it is but worth a try.
Hi Verna, I think as long as the toothpaste, gel etc are enzymatic they can be used without brushing. For example Virbac's C.E.T.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's good. At least there is a choice. As far as I can see, logic is the only one that claims that it works without brushing, that was what I based my above answer on. Thanks for the infor.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shortly before my Cairn Terrier passed away from kidney disease in January, I purchased a tube of Oratene Brushless Oral Care Antiseptic Gel (not to be confused with their regular pet toothpaste). The tube indicates that it is for use with dogs and cats. The 1 oz tube cost $10 - $11 on Amazon.

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Terribly sorry for your loss.
Thank you for tnt info

vickync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my senior cat's breath would melt iron--I had him checked by his Vet, full lab chemistries were run and had his teeth cleaned and still he had dragon breath. Desperate I ordered Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution (dog and cat water additive for bad breath, cleans and treats gums--Vet recommended) from amazon.com----16 oz. for $16.49. It is odorless and tasteless and you add (1) t. Oxyfresh to (1) quart of water and pour into pet's water dish. Miracle! The product worked, no more dragon breath and it began working almost immediately; I now have the Oxyfresh solution in all of my cats' water bowls and the water drinking fountain (with charcoal filter removed). This is a bargain at the price and I recommend it whole heartedly to anyone with dogs or cats with bad breath.

vickync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please see my reply above about Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution for dogs and cats. You add (1) teaspoon of Oxyfresh to a quart (liter) of water and use in all pet water bowls. This works and works quickly---my 13 year old cat no longer has dragon breath after I had tried everything to solve the problem to no avail. 16 oz. for $16.49 on amazon.com.

Shannonb232

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please see my reply above about Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution for dogs and cats. You add (1) teaspoon of Oxyfresh to a quart (liter) of water and use in all pet water bowls. This works and works quickly---my 13 year old cat no longer has dragon breath after I had tried everything to solve the problem to no avail. 16 oz. for $16.49 on amazon.com.
Thank you!