Dental emergency yesterday!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around 4 years ago I had a front tooth that was moving forward - kind of like a buck-tooth.  My dentist (who is our cousin) pulled the front tooth, reattached it using a bonding agent so that it was even and bonded to the teeth on either side.    Was great for all this time but yesterday we were out to lunch and my tooth came loose.   I was completely panicked!  (especially with a front tooth!).  Called my new dentist, who is close to home and he had me come right in.  He re-bonded the tooth and all is well now.   He said that happens with bonded teeth and 4 years was a good record.    If I continue having problems, I have a partial on top (with a couple of back teeth) and he said he can add a tooth to the partial.     Anyway, sorry to bore you with my problems, but I really freaked out with this -- especially since we're leaving on a cruise in Dec. and I could just picture me with a front tooth missing!!!    I told the dentist we want to adopt him and take him with us on the cruise --- he said "I could use a vacation".  Anyway, all ended well.  I'm due for my cleaning in 2 weeks and he will check it at that time just to make sure it is ok.

Oh -- my husband's comment after we got the bill -- $180   ---  " Tony's bill was higher than yours!"   (that's when Tony went in for his blood work a couple of months ago).   Tony's bill was $196.   We told him he owes us money - he just yawned and went back to sleep.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lana, I'm glad you were able to get that tooth repaired, especially right before your cruise. Hope the tooth continues to be OK for you.

I hear you about vet bills. We're taking BooBoo and Tabby to the vet on Friday night. BooBoo is having some allergy problems and Tabby is going for YET ANOTHER ear exam. (We're beginning to think that Tabby will just be a kitty with dirty ears and that nothing can be done for them.)

Good luck with your tooth.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a pain, glad it was all fixed before long! I have a front tooth missing, and in the process of getting an implant, I had to go without a front tooth for 2 whole weeks! It also happened to be the time that we were in Seattle for 5 days visiting, and while I had a job interview that I could barely lisp my way through... So yes, I definitely feel your pain :)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, feel your pain. I'm also missing a front tooth, but I opted to go for a retainer type dental acrylic partial.

Surprises the heck out of people when they see me without my tooth, because no-one notices I have a fake.

At least the bonding is not terribly priced, my fake was over $1500

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH the expense of dental work AND vet bills - no laughing matter :eek:. I am so glad you can smile big on your cruise now :clap::clap: Have a great trip :clap:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I

At least the bonding is not terribly priced, my fake was over $1500
I know what you mean.  My partial on the top (has 4 teeth) was $1600.  I wonder what the cost would be to add that front tooth to the partial when the time comes.