Demon Hunters

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems we have little flying demons infestating our home and poor little Marx is trying to get rid of them. Husband managed to get it on tape - well, the hunter at least, the demons are too tiny to be seen it seems (and they pull his tail as you can clearly see).

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very interesting Tashanasha. Sombra, my four years old cat, often takes a lurking attitude and jumps to catch invisible preys. But it doesn't last as long as your enchanting Marx's demon hunts and I am never in time to get her actions in tape.

I wonder if cats play at "making believe" like children do. How old is Marx?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He'll be 6 months old in 4 days, and this behavior started quite recently. It got me a bit worried so I asked around if that was normal and was reassured that this is just a teenager thing.

He really doesn't get tired playing and is full of energy, especially in the evening when the demon things starts...

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the case of ping pong balls Sombra definitely pretends that they are preys. She lurks fixing them, drags herself to a short distance from the immobile ball and then jumps on it. They are all bitten.