Delivered and Babies Are ok BUT...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto everything gayef said.

As far as what you can control now, you must must must keep that male cat from the queen and her kittens. It really is a matter of life and death. As a young person, you can protect the queen and litter from the tom...

I too live in a smaller home, inhabited by myself, my hubby, my step-son, 3 large-breed dogs, 2 adult fixed cats, and a 10 week-old kitten. We have found various ways of making it work in a small home. Steuben is living in the bathroom...it is his "safe room." He's still a tiny tot, and is now allowed for supervised playtime in the living room with the dogs and adult cats. He's also allowed in our bedroom, and occassionally the kitchen. Fortunately, mother cats don't need a lot of space with her kittens...the world is simply too big for your tiny kittens anyway, and it would be best to set them up in a bedroom, a bathroom, with all of their basic needs...a litter box, food and water dish. And the male cat will have no access to momma or kittens. It's a simple arrangement, and MUCH MUCH safer for everyone.

There are also a tremendous risks to cats allowed to roam outdoors...even for a few minutes. Please listen to the advise you receive here, it is solid, and true. We must be responsible pet owners, and I do understand the challenges you face at your age, being that your parents are the primary decision-makers. Do what you can...please!!!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please please print out a couple main points about the dangers of your cats remaining unaltered. Especially with disease and cancer aspect. Your cats chances of getting cancer and Pyometra are so very high because they are staying unaltered. Please read up and educate your parents! The sooner the better.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, you may still live with them but you are 19 or 20 right? Show them you are a responsible caring adult and show them you did your research and that you feel strongly on spaying and neutering for your cat's health. Be responsible and show your parents that you are. Be an adult and read up and have a heart to heart with them.

lisab917

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When Ethel got pregnant I too was surprised since all my neighbor's cats who are male had been spayed. I have never seen a strange cat in our area but I am chasing kittens that prove there was one somewhere.

I live in an average size house with 2 large dogs, 2 grown cats, and now 3 kittens and it's tough! But we have made it work. We realized that for a period of time we were going to have to cater to the kittens.

At some point though when Ethel was preparing to give birth I was panicked because I had no clue as to who had gotten her pregnant and was afraid that the babies might have gotten some kind of disease that would be passed on...

If your parents don't want to pay to have the spaying done or can't afford to (which is why my cat ended up pregnant!) there are places that will do it at a dicounted rate. Check with your local shelter.