Delilah is sick again

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home last night to Delilah with her not opening one of her eyes. She was clearly not feeling well and she felt warm. So I took her to the vet first thing this morning. There were a few emergencies that came in that morning and things were running behind so we sat there for a while waiting for a different vet than we usually see. I was surprised when her usual vet came in to take care of her between surgeries. Delilah was very happy to see her considering she was cuddling in my arms and flew out of them to jump on the counter to say hi. Well miss Delilah is running a fever of 104.5 and her eye has an ulcer on it so we are treating her for that. And apparently her normal poop just yesterday is no longer so normal as she decided to give the great gift of a diarrhea in one of the worst spots between the wall and the sink in the exam room. She is sneezy but she is not congested right now so we are leaving antibiotics alone for now. Her nose can make her runny nosed and sneezy so it is not always related. The fever could be from her eye, which appears that she injured it playing, or possibly in conjunction with the diarrhea. We are going to watch her for 48 hours and see how she is doing. She seemed to feel a bit better after her eye was numbed and no longer hurting her. I hope I can have my sweet girl back to feeling completely better soon and stay that way.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor baby! :hugs: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

I SO hope she'll be able to grow out of this. Most of our cats were the health-compromised kittens.... and it was so much work that fist year, and for some a little longer than that, but for the most part, they all did grow out of it. :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I really hope she grows out of this too. I hate seeing her not feeling well. This is the first time she has run a fever. She has been extra cuddly being sick, I love the extra cuddles but hate the reason for them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
More healing
coming her way!  As if she hasn't been through enough already!   (you too!) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Delilah is feeling better today. I think her fever has broken, I can't be positive my thermometer is at a friends. Her eye is open but she is still squinting, but it is not closed at least. She still has diarrhea but I didn't expect that to clear up yet. She is still not completely like herself but she is on her way to feeling better.