Deli Dome

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a cute idea, but I'm thinking the downsides would be-

A- You would have to spend a lot of time filling up the balls and reloading the thing.

B- You probably would lose a few balls here and there, and how much would they cost to replace?

c- Your cat may not have any interest whatsoever, and it's not cheap!

It's certainly for the cat that has everything!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm I think I would waste my money on it. Am sure I would have to have a replacemnt in a few days... I also agree it seem time consuming... Skittles will not wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think you are right. This kind of thing would be good for a dog I think. The cats will be more frustrated with it!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the balls without the dome - I considered getting the dome but what put me off is it only dispenses one ball at a time and with 2 cats I'm sure 1 of them would help himself to every ball and the other would get none! The little balls are great - I put some dried food in one for Jaffa when I leave for work although I know it doesn't take long for him to get them out. At least it prolongs feeding time a bit and makes him work a bit for his food. I like the idea of being able to dispense the balls throughout the day when I'm not there. The balls are very easy to put food into and are cheap to replace. I used to love watching Jaffa and Magpie (Jaffa's brother who died last year) get the food out as they both had different techniques - Jaffa pushes it around with his nose until the food falls out while Magpie knocked it back and forth with his paw.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just don't leave the string unattended. It can be deadly if swallowed by our kitties.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think this is for play so much as it is for mental enrichment and stimulation.
Engaging the hunting instinct.
I think it's a brilliant idea, but not something that would go over well in a multi-cat household.

jenlynn71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My former cat had this and LOVED it!  The voice is loud enough to call him to play with the treat ball from all over the house.  Of course, you may want to set it up so it does not go off during the night, as this can be somewhat disconcerting.  My current cat, however, learned quickly to hit the balls hard into corners and break open the ball, so I don't use it as often.