deformed pupils in 10 yr old stray

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello from a Greek island !

Maybe anyone has seen this condition

A bit of her history, 10 yr old spayed, vaccinated, dewormed. She is a stray in one of the feeding stations on the island.

She started to lose weight... then suddenly wobbly walk with back legs, that's when I caught her and when I had her home I saw her eyes, they were surely not like this before, and this I noticed because she was searching for her plate of food in the cage I have her, she could not see it, she does not see, and she hardly hears.

Her jaws are also a little big tough on her lower jaw is as if she has pitbull jaws it is very hard.

She might travel to a clinic on Saturday (no option before)

But in the meantime, if anyone has encountered this and know  how those pupils are called so I can google some information until she gets to the clinic Saturday ...

Any word of advice will be highly appreciated !

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I can't help you too much. It seems like there are a lot of things that can cause deformed cat pupils, although I have no idea how common it is for both eyes to be affected at once. My cat has one eye that looks a lot like her left eye in these pictures, but it has been like that since I adopted her. The best guess my vet has had for that was pupillary persistent membrane, although that seems to be a congenital birth defect and that doesn't seem to be the case here. Another guess the vet had was that it was caused by an injury or an infection. On my cat, if you pull the eyelid back gently you can see the pupil is attached to the lens at the top of the eye. I don't remember what that indicates, though.

It sounds like something happened, whether it was an infection or an injury or a stroke of some sort. It definitely sounds like she needs professional attention. I'd be very curious to find out what you learn at her vet visit on Saturday. I hope everything goes well!