Deer Kitty

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a little story for you.
Ziva really did not adjust to her Kitty Holster, so we went back to the Come With Me Kitty Harness. We have progressed to supervised no harness outdoor outings here at home.
We were out in early June exploring. Ziva likes to walk on deadfalls at the woods edge. She got on one in a unmanicured pine grove in our front yard. I lost her for a moment in the shadows as Torties disappear in the slightest of shading. I was surprised to see a little whitetail fawn standing as I stepped to my left to change my viewing angle. Ziva was locked up only 18 inches away. She was making low, barely audible growls. It took a while, but I was able to coax Ziva out of there before the fawn could cry out for mom to come
IMG_7565.JPG
deer kitty.jpg
deer kitty.jpg
06130112.JPG
06100050.JPG
stomp or box us. Ziva is circled in red in the 2nd pic. the last 3 pics are from a nearby trail cam.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Was a potentially dangerous situation. Thought Ziva was going to attack. Mom is not far away and if the fawn let out a distress bleat, mom is ready for war. I was lucky to get her out of there and thankful it was me with Ziva and not my wife

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sure get some really cool photo's!
I've caught several fawns about that size in the past and never had a mom bother me. Never even thought about it. I guess because you just never hear of anybody getting attacked by a deer for that reason. I do know a full grown deer will tear a person up if they have to though.
We see Gibsy do this quite often. Laugh at him because we know if given the chance, he'd get mauled trampled. (He's not near as big as he thinks he is :lol:).

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You sure get some really cool photo's!
I've caught several fawns about that size in the past and never had a mom bother me. Never even thought about it. I guess because you just never hear of anybody getting attacked by a deer for that reason. I do know a full grown deer will tear a person up if they have to though.
We see Gibsy do this quite often. Laugh at him because we know if given the chance, he'd get mauled trampled. (He's not near as big as he thinks he is :lol:).
Like that photo.
A few years ago I waded into my wild raspberry patch to cut out a couple saplings. I nearly stepped on a hidden fawn. It let out a distress bleat and I could hear mom charging through the woods. I ran to the garage as fast as I could and mom was close behind me. Have also seen does chase golden retriever, black lab and a mutt with bad intentions. On the other hand I have been close to many fawns without any trouble. Any way this is a cat forum so I suppose I should stop my deer talk before I get out of hand lol.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a recent photo of Ziva's fawn. It's spots are starting to fade.