Decreased Activity. Need Advice.

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all. Just looking for some advice. I adopted my baby almost 3 years ago (she will be 3 in August). She has always been a trouble maker and fairly active. Over the last month or two her activity level has slowly tapered off. However, she is still eating and drinking normally and doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort. I am wondering if she is just maturing and this is normal or if there is something I should be concerned about. Has anyone experienced this transition with their cats?

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could be she is just maturing, but I would still get her checked out by the vet to make sure nothing is going on with her. Since I can't actually see her I can't tell you for sure, but any noticeable change in behavior should be looked into. Cats are very good at hiding pain, so even though she doesn't look to be in pain or discomfort the noticeably slowing down could be a sign that she is. At only 3 I wouldn't expect any age related problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I will schedule an appointment for her tomorrow. Hopefully nothing is wrong..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's probably just your baby girl growing up and becoming a bit more of a lazy kitty, but it's always best to have them checked out if we sense something is off.