Dear Kaylee.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a horrible thing to happen. Words cannot express how sorry I am for you all going through such an experience. Try not to feel any guilt - it was not your fault, you could not possibly know how she or the dog would behave. I too lost a cat, my Napoleon, horriblyu of poison just a few months after I brought him across Europe to France from Bosnia, and I know the hopeless, helpless feeling of uselessness that invades you when you have tried so hard to give your kitties hte best possible chance in life.

All my sympathy and thoughts are with you

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Fran I am so sorry to read about Kaylee. Having lost a cat tragically myself I always try to blame myself. Please don't do this, you had no idea anything would happen.

She is at peace now and you will always have her memories. What helped me is I wrote down wrote Sheba meant to me and what I will miss. I keep this taped to the back of one of her photos.

Take care.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an awful, horrible ordeal you went through and I am so very, very, very sorry for Kaylee. This will take much time for you to heal and just know prayers and concerns are coming your way. Please do not blame yourself, this was a terrible, terrible accident. Many vibes to you

RIP darling, sweet
Kaylee
you were loved so very much

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this. I think of the many times one or the other of our kitties have gotten out and I have done the same thing- given them a few minutes, knowing they how much they want to chew on a few blades of grass, chase a butterfly, or just feel the wind ruffling through their fur. You are not a bad mommy, you are loving and kind. Sometimes things just go wrong. May God be with you and please know that your sweet baby is in a good place now.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other people here have said it all, so much better than I can. What a terrible thing. A terrible accident.

I'm so sorry.

Robin