Deaf kitty not working out - sad to find her new home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassiopeiae13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

And thanks about the info with the hearing certain noises. She doesn't respond to things like banging, or shouts or anything like that, but strangely, yesterday I was on my bed, she was laying on my lap getting a very nice back scratch which she refused to let me stop, when Cailan went to eat some food on the other side of the gate. Now, you can't see where his food is from my bed, and her head was turned away from the door, but as soon as the "CRUNCH" sounded, she knew he was there...

Strange right?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flowerbelle can hear a kind of - I don't know how to describe it. We noticed it with the TV initially too. It's a noise we've learned to make by kind of sucking the tongue from the inside of cheek. It's a kind of high-pitched "clicking" kind of noise. So Flowerbelle thinks her name is "Chk Chk Chk"
BUT - she responds to it!

As to the food... we think Flowerbelle is just psychic about it. It may well be that there's something about that crunch that hits the right frequency - try making different kinds of clicking sounds and see if she responds.

But when it came to the food.... we moved out of the RV into a house for about 4 years back in 2004. The house had two floors. The bedroom was upstairs opposite the kitchen. WHENEVER we would try to quietly sneak treats to anyone in the kitchen, Flowerbelle - who spent so much of her time in the basket at the top of the cat tree in the bedroom - would ALWAYS come flying in there. Sometimes we KNEW she'd been up in the basket in the bedroom. There is just no way to explain that - there was NO WAY any cat could hear that - and it wasn't some regular time or anything. She's just psychic when it comes to food!

cassiopeiae13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I swear it almost took an act of GOD to get that collar on her. And she isn't happy... Was it supposed to have white flakey stuff on it? Cuase it doesn't anymore *HEH* IT was amazingly difficult getting it on her, she was not happy. Literally she was between my legs, I had a hold on the back of her neck and there was much growling and trying to get away but eventually I got it. She's trying to get it off. We'll see if she's Houdini!Cat like Cailan is, who can take non-breakaway collars off and hide them (I swear this cat has no bones) So far.. well Cailan's not on the ground so I can't say.

We'll see. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks everyone who's been such a big help I really am grateful. I joined the deaf cat list on Yahoo. We'll see if they can give me any news.

cassiopeiae13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Collar on her... OMG!!!!! I have Cailan in my lap and Andromeda on my feet, her eyes dilated but she didn't do ANYTHING. She's done that FOUR TIMES since the collar but HAS NOT ATTACKED!

Oh.. I really hope this isn't an isolated incident. I really really really hope!!!!

and MAN that collar is strong, *I* can smell it

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope the progress continues. I cannot believe there is a magic collar such as that. Wow! Great news so far.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, I'm buying stock in these collar things. Then, I'm buying a collar for two of my cats. Scrolling back to find where to get these things.

Oh hey, for the people who have used the collars. One of my cats reacts negatively to Feliway. Can I expect the same from the collar or are they different?

cassiopeiae13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feliway did NOTHING for either of my kitties. But seriously I hope it's the collar. Course it took an act of GOD to get it on her. She fought me the whole way! She wasn't happy

I'm always worried about it being too tight *heh*

We'll see over the weekend if it was just isolated or if the collar really is calming her down. She looked like she wanted to pounce him a few times but never did. Once she ran after him, well jumped from my chair to the arm of the couch where he was sitting, and he hissed at her and swatted, but no blood was drawn and she didn't do the boxing moves like she ususally does

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep us updated. I'm really interested to see how this goes. I just know the Feliway makes one of my cats irritable and don't want to put the collar on her if it's going to do the same. She's just decided the "new kitten" that's lived here for three years isn't as bad as she thought. She still doesn't like him but she's relented somewhat about him.

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cassiopeiae13

Feliway did NOTHING for either of my kitties. But seriously I hope it's the collar. Course it took an act of GOD to get it on her. She fought me the whole way! She wasn't happy

I'm always worried about it being too tight *heh*

We'll see over the weekend if it was just isolated or if the collar really is calming her down. She looked like she wanted to pounce him a few times but never did. Once she ran after him, well jumped from my chair to the arm of the couch where he was sitting, and he hissed at her and swatted, but no blood was drawn and she didn't do the boxing moves like she ususally does
I do think this is the real deal in cutting edge technological miracles. At least mine have been on their most decent behavior going on two days now. Must be that soothing lavender /chamomile scented perfume.

cassiopeiae13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Follow up:

So I have a collar on her. The other day I was on the floor petting her and Cailan, and she bit me... hard, and started to act like she was going to go after Cailan.

Anytime she sees him she runs after him. The other day he was on the arm of the couch and she ran after him. He was pushed against the wall on a high table with her sitting on the back of the couch, then she's push at his paw. Not in a "I'm going to eat you" kindda way, more like a "what is this" kindda way. But other times she totally goes after him, claws out, slashing and such.

I think I've tried everything...

tiffany01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Sadie did that to my Zoey when I got Sadie and then my new kitten came and started to play after my Sadie so my Sadie got a taste of her own medicne.